Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer will not load past windows loading screen  (Read 5324 times)

Johnknee3

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer will not load past windows loading screen
    « on: August 16, 2012, 06:16:22 AM »
    I left my computer to low power state and when i tried turning it own it took longer than it should so i restarted it. Came up with question to continue or delete restoration data. Tried continue but my desktop was just dead i could tell because my desktop button turned orange. So i restarted again and deleted restoration data still dead screen. Restarted it again chose start window normally and last known now it loads all the way to the loading screen with a bar with green bars moving through. Waited an hour and nothing happens stuck on loading screen.

WHAT DO I DO IM NO GOOD WITH COMPUTER IM A STUPID IDIOT.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer will not load past windows loading screen
    « Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 02:57:46 PM »
    Good evening Johnknee3 and welcome to CH

Please don't take this the wrong way I am not trying to be wise guy  ;D but your post is hard to understand.

#1... This does happen as some PC's do not like sleep / hibernation "I left my computer to low power state and when i tried turning it own it took longer than it should so i restarted it. Came up with question to continue or delete restoration data." is this laptop or a desktop

#2... If the restoration data is corrupt this can happen but the PC should not just shut off "Came up with question to continue or delete restoration data. Tried continue but my desktop was just dead i could tell because my desktop button turned orange." does it just BAM shut off and not start up at all.

#3... Before this issue happened did you get any errors / BSOD screen's etc "Restarted it again chose start window normally and last known now it loads all the way to the loading screen with a bar with green bars moving through. Waited an hour and nothing happens stuck on loading screen." If the PC will not boot up normally there can be software conflict or a hardware issue.

#4... What model is your PC (i.e HP a6400f etc)
    #5... What is your OS
    #6...Any new changes hardware / software etc.
    #7... Have you run any AV scans (anti virus suite) did it pick anything up

Before this issue came up was the PC running normal or was it running slow etc. Please try to be just as descriptive as possible, Mike   
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

Johnknee3

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 08:19:43 PM »
      (I'm no good with computers)

#1 This is a desktop

#2 It starts up but its forever loading at the windows loading bar screen.  (Its still loading after 12 hours)

#3 I'm pretty sure i didn't get any errors before this issue.

#4 I don't know (I don't have box either its been 5 years though all i got is its asus, antec, intel core 2 quad)

#5 Windows

#6 No

#7 Yes (AVG not sure if reliable but it says no virus)

Before this issue PC would start up slow.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
      « Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 09:35:29 PM »
      Good evening Johnknee3 and welcome back to CH

Download Speccy http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
      . In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
      . Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
      . On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Hope to hear from you soon, Mike
      Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

immental1200

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 01:39:09 PM »
      Good evening Johnknee3 and welcome back to CH

Download Speccy http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
      . In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
      . Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
      . On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Hope to hear from you soon, Mike

Mike - no offence intended here, but are you being a bit thick?

How is he meant to run Speccy on a computer that won't boot...

I left my computer to low power state and when i tried turning it own it took longer than it should so i restarted it. Came up with question to continue or delete restoration data. Tried continue but my desktop was just dead i could tell because my desktop button turned orange. So i restarted again and deleted restoration data still dead screen. Restarted it again chose start window normally and last known now it loads all the way to the loading screen with a bar with green bars moving through. Waited an hour and nothing happens stuck on loading screen.

WHAT DO I DO IM NO GOOD WITH COMPUTER IM A STUPID IDIOT.

Try pressing F8 repeatedly upon startup of the computer, a screen should appear with some options in white text.
      Choose 'safe mode' and tell us whether it now works, or still doesn't load.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
      « Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 02:12:53 PM »
      No offense taken on this

He said it would load but took a long time
      (I'm no good with computers)
      #2 It starts up but its forever loading at the windows loading bar screen.  (Its still loading after 12 hours)

And yes at times I can be thick headed  ;D and if I shake my head really hard I can things rattling around  ::) hopefully the OP ill be back soon. Mike 

Daisymae70

Beginner

• IowaMrs70 Blog
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 02:22:46 PM »
      Nice diplomatic comeback Mike (hartbeatmr) I am learning from your posts.  Keep them coming.!!! ;D
      The Truth is the Truth whether you believe it or not.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.