Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please help if possible???    (Read 6046 times)

GrafixxMan

Please help if possible???  
« on: July 13, 2004, 01:04:48 PM »
I recently did something real dumb. I make t-shirts and recently finished up the design on one. It was saved and ready to go to print, but I had not backed it up yet on cd. ( This is the really dumb thing I didn't do ) I was emailing the file to a friend in .psd format for him to look at and I scaled it down from 16"T x 14"W @ 200dpi. to 5 3/4"T x 5"W for him to look at. As I said earlier, I had not backed it up yet to cd. I saved it and sent it. Not long after saving, I realized what I had done. I do not have any other copies of it other than a high res. print out I did on 8 1/2" x 11" glossy. It doesn't look horrible, but there is a noticeable difference in quality now. I have tried everything I can do to restore it back to the way it was, but nothing seems to work. Is there some trick I do not know of, or is there any way I can go back into a memory cache? of a few days prior and get it? I realize I may have to re-create most of it if not all, but I would really like to not have to do that. I know I can scan in the high res. print, but I will still have to go and re-do color seperations again..thus re-doing the file. I am being too optimistic and hopeful in thinking it is still in some sort of cache or something?

I have a PC. 1.8gHz P4. 80gig HD. Win XP Pro. Photoshop 7.

Please, if anyone has any kind of good news or can help me out...please do so. As we speak, I am re-updating all of my backup cd's so this will not happen again, I just don't want to have to re-create this thing. I have way to many hours in it to do that.

Thanks in advance,

Tyler
www.wickedgrafixx.com
502.644.1317 :(

Joleen

Re: Please help if possible???  
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 01:29:53 PM »
I feel for your situation and someone will help I'm sure but you only need to post in one forum.

syntax_21

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 01:07:33 AM »
Only need to post in one forum? I don't get it... i mean i don't understand...

anyweizz... when sending it to your friend in an e-mail... was it on default setting or did you do something on its setting? coz if you hadn't most e-mail services is backing up anything being sent in an attachment...

or why not let your friend e-mail it back???

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 05:08:45 AM »
He posted it on a lot of different sections of this forum. It crashed recently so a lot of posts were removed.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 05:09:01 AM by Raptor »