Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please help me! Computer Wont Start  (Read 2411 times)

smirk

Please help me! Computer Wont Start
« on: September 29, 2005, 06:48:51 PM »
I have been having this problem for awhile and now it wont do anything.  I have a emachine and I try to power it on and it just stays on for less than a second and the blue light goes off and hit it again and it does nothing until i unplug it for awhile.  Please help me if you can. Please if you know anything about this please let me know.

Smirk

GX1_Man

Re: Please help me! Computer Wont Start
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 06:54:54 PM »
And it is what model? And what happened right before it quit working? And how old is it? And how long is "awhile" that it has not been functioning? And have you tried opening the case to make sure nothings loose, checking a new power supply, or googled to see if a standard ATX power supply would fit?

Let us have a clue so we can offer a valid suggestion. Just a little too vague so far.

::) ::) ::)

smirk

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 06:59:35 PM »
Model EMachine T3085

I put an extra hard drive in

Now it is out.

1 yr old

This morning it wouldnt boot. The light stay on for a splite second and goes off and makes a tick sound when you push the power button.

it has a 300 watt power supply

Thanks for helping a knob like me

Smirk

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 07:17:11 PM »
So the most likely things (though not all) are:

Bad Power Supply

Bad Ram

Defective cooling system for CPU

Suggestions would be:

Trying another power supply that you know works, just to be able to test it.

Running Memtest on the RAM

Open case and see if CPU fan is spinning happily away and see if everything else looks OK in there. Any strange odors or glowing?

That will help us along.
8)