Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cant install AdobeFlash on Samsung n150 Win7 Starter due to insuffic priviledges  (Read 3619 times)

Carter3.5

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Hi guys,

I am really hoping someone can help me. I have looked everywhere for answers and have been trying to fix this problem for a few months.

Adobe Flash player has stopped working on my Samsung n150 (win7 starter 32bit). Anytime I try to watch a video in Internet Explorer I am prompted to install Flash player. When I try to do this I am told I have insufficient priviledges when attempting to install.

I have tried downloading the program and running as admin, and I have disable anti virus, but still I cannot install flash player. I am unable to create a new User control account, as it says I cannot do that with my Windows 7 starter.

Flash player works in Google Chrome. Which I downloaded along with Flash player. Chrome installed, but flash player would not.

Please help!

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    IE uses a different version of Flash from Chrome, FF, etc.

TechnoGeek

Try downloading from this link: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/download/?installer=Flash_Player_11_for_Internet_Explorer&os=Windows%207. It should automatically prompt you to 'make changes to your computer' (that's the run as administrator). If it still fails, a more specific error message might help if available.

IE uses a different version of Flash from Chrome, FF, etc.
    FWIW, Chrome has its own separate version from all other browsers. IE has a custom flash player like chrome's staring in version IE10 (windows 8).

dbeorn

Greenhorn
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Does WIN7 prompt you for elevated privs?  if not, you may have turned it off - it should ask you if you want to allow changes; just being in the priv acct. may not be enough(?) - you have to answer the prompts.  I do on mine - go to control-panel and then user acct ->control settings.
    Can't beat your computer at chess?  Try kickboxing...