Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cannot install game  (Read 4133 times)

elgrinch

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    cannot install game
    « on: September 28, 2012, 11:04:44 AM »
    a while back my computer was infected by a Trojan virus. my daughter wiped everything off of the PC and reinstalled everything. everything works except for the f 18 carrier strike fighter by i magic which was bought by Microsoft and cannot be contacted. it worked before the virus we tried all of the solutions given with no help my daughter gave up. the game will download to 5 % and stop. an error code 117 comes up. i can go into the game files and on the picture of the plane is a security shield and also on the set up picture. i downloaded the installation for older games from tech support but it says to disconnect the virus protection which i am afraid to do for fear that the virus might still be hanging around in the game program. i checked the code and it said that there might be a third party involved.i would have to spend a year in computer School to know what they are talking about. Ive posted in gaming forum and game installation support tech with no solution as yet. hopefully somebody out there can help me.

geek hoodlum

Apprentice
      • Yes
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: cannot install game
    « Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 10:22:06 PM »
    Hi and welcome to Computer Hope!

Since you've encountered virus before, I would suggest that make sure that your system is 100% clean from viruses before installing any games.

Check this out: Read this before requesting malware removal help. Hope this help.

batlon13

Rookie
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 05:13:37 AM »
      before install you should remember that you pc have to 100% free from virus and you should follow geek hoodlum's link. it nay be helpful for you.

elgrinch

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 12:20:02 PM »
         ok. I did all of the suggestions and for some reason it would not let me cut and paste so i can't post the results. the house cleaning came out internet explorer is clean google chrome is clean. mbam log windows vista service pack 2x86 ntfs internet explorer 9.0.8112.16421. protection enabled.objects scanned 185945 memory processes,memory modules,regestry keys, regestry values,registry data items,folders, and files no malicious items detected. the dds  is 2 and a half pages long and i do not know if you really need them. i at the begining av: microsoft security essentials enabled/updated.(9765ea51-0d3c-7dfb-6091-10e4e1f341f6)
        sp: windows defender disabled/outdated (d68ddc3a-831f-4fae-9e44-da132c1acF46)
        sp: microsoft security essentials enabled/updated.(2c040bb5-2b06-7275-5a21-2b969a740b4b)
        as far as i know everything is scanned and updated on sunday at 2 am.

elgrinch

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 09:25:38 AM »
          i think i made a mistake by posting my internet explorer on this forum. it opened up a hacker saying that the fbi has locked my computer and to unlock it i was to take 200 dollars to a seven eleven store and buy a green something software pay the cashier and record the code on the software. if not done within 48 hours the fbi will conficate my computer and possibly be put in jail. how do these people think up this stuff. i am sure there are some people out there that would fall for this. be on the lookout people.