Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Digital to Analog  (Read 2683 times)

rateliff

Digital to Analog
« on: October 03, 2005, 09:44:49 PM »
Can anyone explain to me the process of how/why the information is converted from one form (analog or digital) when it is entered (keyed in) to another form when it is displayed on the screen.    

« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 10:00:27 PM by rateliff »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: RGB monitor
    « Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 09:47:44 PM »
     rateliff
    I know that the definition of an RGB (red, green, blue) monitor is simple.... I'm trying to explain it to a friend and can't seem to get the words out right.  Help?!

Short for red, green, blue monitor, a monitor that requires separate signals for each of the three colors. This differs from color televisions, for example, which use composite video signals, in which all the colors are mixed together. All color computer monitors are RGB monitors.
    An RGB monitor consists of a vacuum tube with three electron guns -- one each for red, green, and blue -- at one end and the screen at the other end. The three electron guns fire electrons at the screen, which contains a phosphorous coating. When the phosphors are excited by the electron beams, they glow. Depending on which beam excites them, they glow either red, green, or blue. Ideally, the three beams should converge for each point on the screen so that each pixel is a combination of the three colors.

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

GX1_Man

Re: Digital to Analog
    « Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 10:50:57 PM »
    What, more homework? I hope not!  :'( :'( :'(

rateliff

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 10:57:12 PM »
     ???Is this site not ok to use for help with homework that I can't find the answers elsewhere?  If it's not ok, where else can I go? ???

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 11:51:44 PM »
    ???Is this site not ok to use for help with homework that I can't find the answers elsewhere?  If it's not ok, where else can I go? ???

HomeworkHope.com

Check the PM I sent you.