Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: dropouts with buffering? (Win7, Chrome, IE, Firefox)  (Read 3025 times)

greenber

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    dropouts with buffering? (Win7, Chrome, IE, Firefox)
    « on: January 01, 2013, 07:04:47 AM »
    Using any of the above browsers when I am listening to a variety of radio stations, primarily talk radio, the sound will simply cut out at random times for a random amount of time and will then start again – however not buffered as the "lost time" will not be the continuation of where it cut off. I simply lose chunks of the conversation. I have tried this in safe mode and the same thing happens. I have tried this when absolutely nothing else was running (except for Microsoft services) and the same thing happens.

Any idea of what is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Ross
    « Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:20:55 AM by greenber »

Mulreay

Egghead
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Space and Science
    Re: dropouts with buffering? (Win7, Chrome, IE, Firefox)
    « Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 06:52:17 AM »
    You could try clearing your browsers cache before each session of listening to the radio. Also clearing your cookies may help.

The reason I say this is that YouTube has the same issues with random buffering

Let us know how you get on.
    For when the One Great Scorer comes
    To write against your name,
    He marks - not that you won or lost,
    But how you played the game.

Owner of www.spaceandscience.co.uk and YouTube partner http://www.youtube.com/user/mulreay

greenber

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: dropouts with buffering? (Win7, Chrome, IE, Firefox)
      « Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 02:42:50 PM »
      Well, clearing for Chrome  (my standard audio listener) and Firefox (my default browser) has worked all day.  Thanks.....so far!

Ross