Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Swimming cursor  (Read 3243 times)

falconrising

Swimming cursor
« on: October 05, 2005, 03:38:46 PM »
My cursor is going all over my screen without my doing anything.  Can anyone help???  I am running Windows XP and have a microsoft mouse with intelieye.  I disconnect the mouse and try using the built in mouse on my Dell 8600 Inspiron lap top and the same thing occurs.  Thanks

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Swimming cursor
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 03:58:00 PM »
Have you scanned for viruses and Spyware? Do you have protection? Do you have a firewall installed? Are you connected to the internet? When did this start? Have you made any changes to the system before this happened?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

falconrising

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 05:10:51 PM »
Yes to all.  It seemed to have started right after I installed an internet accellarator.  I have since deleted this but it didn't help.  Don't know it this has anything to do with it but it won't let me download any updates to my spyware.  Always gives the message it has timed out and it has not even been active for a minute.  

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 05:20:02 PM »
I'll bet that internet accelerator had all kinds of cr*p atrtached. Scan that machine good and learn a lesson.

If it says " click here to make your computer faster, better, etc." go to any other web page immediately and do NOT click on it!

:o :o :o :o :o :o
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 08:57:51 PM by GX1_Man »

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 06:46:12 PM »
Sounds like you might have picked-up a worm... Well... Your options are a bit limited... Before we talk about them, please tell me which operating system you are using, and also what you are using to protect yourself from viruses and Spyware... What are you using for a firewall? Run scans to see if your protection can help you...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 03:13:59 PM »
If Internet 'speed' accelerators actually do a good job and come for free, don't you think your provider would have given you a CD full of them to prevent anyone from complaining?

Some people lack Logic.. Where's Mr. Spock when you need him?

knarlybill

Intermediate

• To go boldly where others have warned me about.
    « Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 07:27:20 AM »
    Just an aside to your situation: I was in a computer class and the instructor had a spy ware program that he used to check on the students to see what they were doing , and he could take over the machines and do whatever. I knew he was looking at me when my cursor suddenly moved to the side of the screen.
    Occassionally, my cursor at home does this, and immediately check for spys, bugs and ner-do-wells! I run spy-bot and EZ-Trust AV, plus a firewall, and the stuff still filters thru...I'm looking over your shoulder for some sound avise also. 8)
    « Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 07:28:22 AM by knarlybill »
    What a long, strange trip its been...