Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Excel - Don't allow saves on sheet 2 but can save changes on sheet 1  (Read 2946 times)

jtasus09

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

I have a little calculator of sorts that hides rows and information based on entries in cells A1 and B1 on sheet 2. Problem is things get messed up when another user returns to this sheet and cannot see data previously entered in these 2 cells due to conditional formatting which hides needed rows. If those 2 cells would always revert to zero when saving or going to another sheet all will be great. I'm not an expert so please go easy on the lingo.

What I'm doing with the spread sheet is to figure our serial numbering and labeling requirements will is based on the factory location and product qty required. Sheet one is where the serial numbers are entered by the used based on sheet 2 selections (which factory and how many widgets required.)
    This one still has us stumped so I'll clarify my issue. I have a 2 sheet excel file; sheet 1 users may make perm changes on but sheet two only temp changes may be made. Ideally when a user leaves sheet 2 anytime their changes (like a check box that was checked or the qty of a product desired) return to their original values (unchecked or 0.)

Hopeful.  J :-\