Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: dell wireless keyboard stopped suddenly, mouse works.  (Read 4673 times)

paul-81

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    dell wireless keyboard stopped suddenly, mouse works.
    « on: January 09, 2013, 08:16:06 PM »
    hey guys first time posting on this forum. heard positive info bout this forum too.  We'll I was using pc Fri when suddenly keyboard quit.  out of nowhere.  I've tried many fixes and nothing but more frustration.  I hv no extra keyboard so u can only imge typing with on screen board. I've tried so many its hard to remember which I did.   at same time I was unable to mount my phone either. drivers and motocasst were already installed and ran on connected. herself is some fixes I tried.
    1. updat . driver,  un install n reinstall, 
    2.finding drivers in pc not regedit keys.
    3.dell
    4.chckdisk(work in this n setup,  not in safe mode)
    5.chcked 4 avast left overs in HKLM kyboard.sys Not
    6. batteries, taken apart,  look 4 hung keys, 
    7. different usbci port
    "reputation is how others see u, but character is who u r and how u act when no one is lookin"  not word for word -Winston Churchill

paul-81

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: dell wireless keyboard stopped suddenly, mouse works.
      « Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 08:48:28 PM »
      Sorry it would not let me finish then keyboard on Tab stopped.

I hv Dell dimension 4600 2gbRam, Intel ? , Windows xp SP 3, 250 GB memory.,
      1 disk . Keyboard is dell WiFi with WiFi muse as well, 4  user accounts. I've paired them all in everyy combo u can imagine. When try to reinstall device, get " error code 41" . Usbstor , iv noticed is hidden from windows api and atapi as well. I'm sure there is more but  can't quite remember everything. Hope some can help and thx in advance.
      "reputation is how others see u, but character is who u r and how u act when no one is lookin"  not word for word -Winston Churchill

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 10:25:15 PM »
      At any case, you would need the PS2 or USB keyboard to start correcting or diagnosing the problem unless you provide what changes or happened going to the current issue at hand. Do you happen to have an open thread regarding a possible infection on another forum?

paul-81

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 06:35:00 AM »
        yes on open thread . I received a reply last nite after I posted here. I did get 15 or 20 PUPs with Malwarebytes and some decrepencies and hidden items in either GMer or another rootki scans but hv yet to act on them without being 100% what I'm seeing. I'm kinda leanin more toward hardware or another user of PC messed with some configurations. I am really need in a work in board for work related things. just takes to long on tablet, 1 key at a time. on PS2 or USB ,I'm thinkin default was PS2? will check soon though, but not want in to do a whole lot while being helped by someone. will post a log of scan I ran last weekend

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 07:32:18 AM »
        You can still go get a PS2 keyboard while you are working thru the Malware steps...
        About 10 Bucks...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

paul-81

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 05:45:27 PM »
          here is that log from rootkit revealer with hidden files and stealth objects. got it working by the way and im describe how right now on tablet. 

ROOTREPEAL (c) AD, 2007-2009
          ==================================================
          Scan Start Time:      2013/01/09 14:06
          Program Version:      Version 1.3.5.0
          Windows Version:      Windows XP SP3
          ==================================================

Hidden/Locked Files
          -------------------
          Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\WQNAB300.RN5\P85G0NPT.CGA\manifests\DellSystemDetect.Localization.cdf-ms

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\WQNAB300.RN5\P85G0NPT.CGA\manifests\DellSystemDetect.Localization.manifest

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\WQNAB300.RN5\P85G0NPT.CGA\manifests\DellSystemDetect.Localization.resources.manifest

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\WQNAB300.RN5\P85G0NPT.CGA\manifests\DellSystemDetect.Localization.resources.cdf-ms

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\WQNAB300.RN5\P85G0NPT.CGA\manifests\DellSystemDetect.Localization.resources.manifest

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\WQNAB300.RN5\P85G0NPT.CGA\manifests\DellSystemDetect.Localization.resources.cdf-ms

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\WQNAB300.RN5\P85G0NPT.CGA\manifests\DellSystemDetect.exe.cdf-ms

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\WQNAB300.RN5\P85G0NPT.CGA\manifests\DellSystemDetect.exe.manifest

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\WQNAB300.RN5\P85G0NPT.CGA\manifests\DellSystemDetect.InstallManager.cdf-ms

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\WQNAB300.RN5\P85G0NPT.CGA\manifests\DellSystemDetect.InstallManager.manifest

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\WQNAB300.RN5\P85G0NPT.CGA\manifests\DellSystemDetect.cdf-ms

Path: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\WQNAB300.RN5\P85G0NPT.CGA\manifests\DellSystemDetect.manifest

paul-81

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 06:14:46 PM »
            so i decided to go back over everything i had tried while i was waitin to here from malware tech. i got to focusing on the Error code 41. that took me to the registry.  i was looking for devices in device manager.  so im looking into
            HKL\system\currentcontrolset\control\class\{4D36E96B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} key. this is keyboard. after i  opened the value i looked thru list at right for upper filters and or lower filters. u might hv both or one. or maybe none. i was looking for the data at kbdclass because i had run avast security before and know the scanner driver for that would  sometimes causes  my problem. this driver is aswMBR.  and it was glarring right at me. some how when i had looked over weekend i missed it. so  i deleted the aswMBR data entry. exited. rebooted. ;D and i was golden. i also read u can delete the who upper and lower filter entry for this same error code.  but before u go deleting things in the registry please make urself a backup. u can really screw urself if u dont. iv accidently deleted the boot.ini file with using no confirm before delete and no recycle bin. so things happen but its nice to have a backup. anyways still running thru virus scans. couldnt hurt. hope this can help someon else avoid the headache i had. i learned a lesson again that i learned in elemantary math. Double Check ur Work. thx again for replies

paul-81

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re:(SOLVED) dell wireless keyboard stopped suddenly, mouse works.
              « Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 06:16:59 PM »
              hey guys first time posting on this forum. heard positive info bout this forum too.  We'll I was using pc Fri when suddenly keyboard quit.  out of nowhere.  I've tried many fixes and nothing but more frustration.  I hv no extra keyboard so u can only imge typing with on screen board. I've tried so many its hard to remember which I did.   at same time I was unable to mount my phone either. drivers and motocasst were already installed and ran on connected. herself is some fixes I tried.
              1. updat . driver,  un install n reinstall, 
              2.finding drivers in pc not regedit keys.
              3.dell
              4.chckdisk(work in this n setup,  not in safe mode)
              5.chcked 4 avast left overs in HKLM kyboard.sys Not
              6. batteries, taken apart,  look 4 hung keys, 
              7. different usbci port