Microsoft > Windows 8

Windows 8 Downgrade issue

<< < (2/2)

Geek-9pm:
Please, can you share what you did?  :)

stefun999:
I thought I did something, but it turns out that the problem I am having is with the computer using GPT instead of MBR. The
--- Quote ---File: \$WINDOWS.~BT\Windows\system32\winload.efi
--- End quote ---
Is on the Windows disk that I'm trying to install not working properly with the... something.
And just now my friend tells me that UEFI won't allow me to install Windows 7.
I don't like Windows 8
I don't like Microsoft.

edit: figuring out something with the unsigned driver on the disk I'm using might do... something.
I don't know how I would get the computer to recognize the driver as signed.
I'm getting sick of  windows 8

Content removed.

Keep it clean...we have Members of all ages here.

BC_Programmer:

--- Quote from: stefun999 on January 28, 2013, 06:10:35 PM ---And just now my friend tells me that UEFI won't allow me to install Windows 7.

--- End quote ---
He is misinformed.

The problem could be that you are using a Windows 7 Upgrade Disk. Which is- as it's name suggests- for Upgrading to Windows 7. Jokes at Windows 8's expense aside, you can't upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7. Windows 7 can only be upgraded from Windows Vista.

The only way to install Windows 7 with that disk would be to First Install Windows Vista. Or, get a Win7 Retail Disc rather than the Upgrade disk. I'm not really sure how you got as far in the process as you did- perhaps there is something about the Win7 Upgrade process that I don't understand myself.

Ideally, when installing an older OS than one currently installed, You should be completely wiping the disk of all partitions that are present, rather than trying to install Windows 7 over top of Windows 8. Another thing to change is the BIOS setting. You can turn off UEFI and use the older EFI interface on every system I've seen- (I believe that providing the option to not use UEFI is part of the UEFI specification). This might be labelled "Legacy BIOS" or "Legacy Boot".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version