Microsoft > Windows 8

Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7

(1/2) > >>

SkipperRi:
Hi guys,

Is it possible to downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7 without affecting my programs, documenst etc.? Windows 8 isn't so big problem for me, but on that OS my Nvidiga GeForce 8600 won't work with two monitors, so I must go back to Win 7. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

soybean:
Did your computer come with Windows 8 when it was new, or did you upgrade the OS from Win 7 to Win 8?  Is your computer a desktop or laptop/notebook?  If it's a desktop, what expansion slots are available?  Is the Nvidiga GeForce 8600 integrated into the motherboard or is it a card in an expansion slot?  What happens when you try to connect a second monitor?

patio:
Keep in mind there are a few Win8 PC's that were sold that have no downgrade path to Win7...
I don't know of a method that will retain your apps...they normally need to be re-installed to run properly...

SkipperRi:

--- Quote from: soybean on February 25, 2013, 08:01:15 AM ---Did your computer come with Windows 8 when it was new, or did you upgrade the OS from Win 7 to Win 8?  Is your computer a desktop or laptop/notebook?  If it's a desktop, what expansion slots are available?  Is the Nvidiga GeForce 8600 integrated into the motherboard or is it a card in an expansion slot?  What happens when you try to connect a second monitor?

--- End quote ---
Desktop computer, with PCI & PCI Express slots, Windows 8 upgraded from 7. When I extend desktop to second monitor Windows act like there is everything ok, but on second monitor is only dark. Strange, Nvidia control panel detected both monitors, exact models. On Win 7 worked just fine.

soybean:
Perhaps driver update would solve the problem.  Have you visited NVidia's website to see whether they have a driver update for Windows 8? 

I found an interesting article @ http://www.dual-monitor.biz/2011/09/14/windows-8-multi-monitor/.  Windows 8 provides some improved features for using multiple monitors.  I think I'd investigate further before downgrading back to Win 7.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version