Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Onboard speakers and microphone wont work  (Read 2861 times)

Maelstrom11789

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Onboard speakers and microphone wont work
    « on: February 25, 2013, 02:40:16 PM »
    Hey,

Recently, i decided to actually buy a headset so i can game with a couple buddies of mine. I plugged everything in, and couldnt get it to work. I have already checked the forums, and from what I have found, the problems were fixed with things I have already tried. Currently, I have my TV plugged in via HDMI, have windows 7 pro and have done the following:

Made sure "Speakers" are my default playback device and "Microphone" as my default recording device. I have also disabled the audio from all other devices, and used driversweep to uninstal them from my PC to make sure. The device tests positively (having the volume scale go up and down next to it), but no sound comes from the speakers.

Made sure that the board is actually reading the ports as being used. They show up in my Realtek sound device manager, as well as in my bios.

I have also tried the POS windows troubleshooter, which has told me that my devices are working properly.

My guess is that the HDMI is messing with it some how, but I have tried the simple things already. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Onboard speakers and microphone wont work
    « Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 03:10:15 PM »
    HDMI takes over the audio signal...not sure you can have both active unless the sound device supports it...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Maelstrom11789

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Onboard speakers and microphone wont work
      « Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 08:16:41 PM »
      I know plenty of people who do that though, and are able to switch it off like any other audio output.