Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Links Stopped Working on Outlook Express  (Read 2707 times)

artbuc

Topic Starter

Apprentice

Links Stopped Working on Outlook Express
    « on: March 04, 2013, 03:03:09 PM »
    I recently changed security settings as instructed by Verizon FiOS. I thought we only changed the port numbers for incoming/outgoing servers but it seems like since we made the changes, I can not open any links that are contained in my emails. Can anyone give me some tips on what may be going on? Thanks.

PS I am not 100% sure that the problem started immediately after Verizon and I made the security setting changes but that appears to be the most likely explanation.

Edit: I just found a post where someone had the same problem. They had inadvertently installed Google Chrome and then uninstalled it. They said it "messed-up" their keys and they had to change everything back to htmlfiles. I also inadvertently installed Chrome when doing some other update and I then unistalled it. How do I change back to htmlfiles?
    « Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:13:58 PM by artbuc »

artbuc

Topic Starter

Apprentice

Re: Links Stopped Working on Outlook Express
      « Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 03:19:46 PM »
      Never mind...all fixed. All I had to do was set IE as default. Apparently the install/uninstall of Chrome changed the default.