Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: outlook 2007 goes in outbox before sending  (Read 3835 times)

Harshman

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    outlook 2007 goes in outbox before sending
    « on: March 09, 2013, 06:14:09 PM »
    windows 8
    office 2007
    outlook 2007
    samsung laptop
    I compose a new email and outlook sends it to my outbox and eventually sends it. This never happened with my previous PC ... same outlook edition. My outlook send/receive settings are configured for send and check email every 1 minute etc... I tried unchecking that box but message still goes to outbox.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: outlook 2007 goes in outbox before sending
    « Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 06:59:09 PM »
    So as you are typing it, it decides to send it partially created?

Harshman

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 07:00:53 AM »
      No. I complete the email and send it. It use to immediately send but now with my new PC (same 2007 outlook w/ my key code) the message will go to my outbox for some period of time. then eventually send. I will go to the outbox to open and a pop up says "can't open outlook has begun sending.

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 01:54:59 PM »
      Have you used the Detect and Repair tool under Help ? ... Just saw you had Outlook 2007 and they changed the tool in 2007 from 2003 that I am use to using. Had to use it a bunch of times for clients. But anyways here is a link on how to get to and using repair tools for 2007 to try to fix issues:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/what-happened-to-detect-and-repair-HA010100384.aspx

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 02:09:44 PM »
      This is normal behavior. All messages go to the outbox before actually being sent. Outlook knows that all messages in the outbox are ready to be sent. If there is some connection problem, Outlook will stack/spool the messages and they will be sent as soon as the connection is restored. It has always been this way. I assure you, it was the same with your old system.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 02:25:22 PM »
      I've observed this behavior with Outlook, just as Allan described.  If you want to send a message that's sitting in the Outbox, I believe you can open Outbox, select your message, click Send, and it will then be sent without any further delay.