Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: f.lux - On dual monitor system, make work on only 1 monitor?  (Read 28054 times)

Mayuukosan

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
f.lux - On dual monitor system, make work on only 1 monitor?
« on: March 15, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »
Sorry for the long subject, not sure how to summarize this.

I have recently started using f.lux, and I love it. But is there a way to restrict it to only one monitor?

I run Windows 7 Ultimate. I have two screens, and would like to restrict f.lux to only "running" for my main monitor. This way I can do colour sensitive work on my secondary monitor.

I tried to find a support forum for f.lux but couldn't.

Thanks for any help!

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: f.lux - On dual monitor system, make work on only 1 monitor?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 09:25:20 AM »
I've never heard of f.lux.  What is it?  Where is their website?

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 11:40:30 AM »
http://stereopsis.com/flux/ It's basically a tool that dims your monitor and adjusts the white balance according to the time of day due to some experimental evidence showing that exposure to excessive levels of blue light at night may disrupt sleep patterns.

When I used f.lux I remember that it left hardware-accelerated windows untouched, like VLC media player with graphics acceleration turned on.
Don't hesitate to drop a comment/question here; http://stereopsis.com/flux/faq.html
if you don't find what you need, leave a comment below
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

Mayuukosan

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 01:04:53 PM »
Thanks for responding so quickly, Soybean and Transfusion. I submitted a comment to their site, but am not sure how long any reply may take or even if someone will reply.

I was hoping someone here may have used it or knew how to make it "active" for only one monitor, but if not, that is okay.

Transfusion is correct in the website and explanation. Thanks!