Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Driver Install failed  (Read 4231 times)

Scorpiiious

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Driver Install failed
    « on: April 14, 2013, 11:26:14 PM »
    Hello,

I am running a Toshiba Satellite L750 (PSK2YA-0CN02S) and my graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce GT 525M.  I upgraded to windows 8 not long after it was released.

I have been getting this error (view link below) http://gyazo.com/8a66e36020e56671fc533870ca368274

The problem started when I tried updating my video card driver from SlimDriver (which I should of not touched). Since then I can't play any games on League of Legends. I get that error which you will see in that link above.

1. I tried from the Nvidia website too, but that didn't really do anything either.
    2. I also tried installing my driver from the Toshiba website, but it only supports windows 7 (which failed installing). So far nothing has worked, any suggestions would be great!

Second screenshot (was the 3rd thing I tried): http://gyazo.com/7864007891f0b97660a5bda2e7f03b45

If anyone can figure out this problem of mine real soon, Much would be appreciated!

Cheers, thanks.

-Scorpiiious

Scorpiiious

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Driver Install failed
      « Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 11:33:27 PM »
      Another problem I have been having is my printer. I have something I wanted to print today but my computer said it was offline but it wasn't. Then later on it said I had no printers installed and some error thing came up.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 12:28:06 AM »
      Sounds like those drivers aren't compatible with Windows 8.

Lets deal with your graphics first.

Head to the NVIDIA website and see if you can find any Windoews 8 drivers for your graphics card.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 05:21:52 AM »
      Laptop drivers should always and only be obtained from the website of the laptop manufacturer. You should contact Toshiba and ask if your system is compatible with Windows 8 and, if it is, how to obtain the drivers you need.