Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Loud noise when I plug my laptop in  (Read 2880 times)

chammy

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Loud noise when I plug my laptop in
    « on: April 28, 2013, 05:01:10 PM »
    I have a Packard Bell EasyNote TJ68 with 4.00GB memory. It's a fairly old computer but I've had this problem since I got the computer and I've finally snapped. When I plug my laptop in to charge, it makes a very loud noise unless I have the speakers on mute. This wouldn't be a problem but my laptop power cable is slightly loosened so if I'm sitting with it on my lap and I'm listening to music, it's always make a horrible noise every time the cable dis or re-connects when I move. I can't for the life of me figure out how to disable this noise. I've gone into sound and power options, and switched everything I saw to mute and still nothing. Please help!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Loud noise when I plug my laptop in
    « Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 05:33:33 PM »
    Probably a screaming capicator...
    MBoard replacement would be the only way out...unless you pay a shop to disassemble it and replace the bad cap which more than likely would be more than a new board.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Loud noise when I plug my laptop in
    « Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 06:38:21 PM »
    my laptop power cable is slightly loosened so  if I'm sitting with it on my lap and I'm listening to music, it's always make a horrible noise every time the cable dis or re-connects when I move.
    Sounds like your power cable connector on the computer has been damaged in a way that makes the cable feel "slightly loosened".  This clearly seems to indicate a faulty power connection/connector which causes the noise you hear.  I suggest you have a repair shop look at it.