Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Stuck at "Starting Windows" screen, DVD won't boot Windows 7,& wmic doesn't work  (Read 5144 times)

Petze

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Hey all, I am stuck on the "Starting Windows" screen. I tried restarting a few times and trying a few different things but not having much luck. Last night I tried a chkdsk, then tried to do a few things today. See 3 set of links that show the steps I went through:

http://postimg.org/gallery/9x476iri/8ebd2ce7/

http://postimg.org/gallery/c1ej726q/43afa85f/

http://postimg.org/gallery/55kjkebs/a8d11d47/

Note the order they were uploaded is junbled so here is the correct sequence, assuming first row is numbered 1,2,3, then second row 4,5,6 (hope it makes sense), then here is their correct order:

Link 1: 4,5,8,7,9,6,1,2,3

Link 2: 5,2,4,1,3,6

Link 3: 6,4,1,7,3,5,2

And at the end after it restarts I am back at the starting Windiws screen

I am using windows 7 home edition, x64 bit

I got told a number of times to reboot using windows 7 DVD, but it doesn't seem to be noticing the DVD, even though I checked on the BIOS and it has CD/DVD as first then hard drive as second.

I last installed Dosbox and I thought it (and an old game I downloaded from a website) might be the culprit as that was the only different thing I did before the problem occurred. I wanted to uninstall the program dosbox via the command prompt (as you can see in the pics I have access to command prompt) but I can't get wmic to work for me, which will list the program for me. Not sure how else to delete it. Would Dosbox somehow have affected the hard drive?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Edit: I forgot to add, as you can see through the images I am not given the option to go into safe mode. :/
    Edit 2: Also note image 4 from link 2: where it says Problem Signature 06: 25, that appears to be counting down how many times this start up repair sequence has occurred as I see now it is saying 27!

Petze

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      OK so bizarre, I took the computer apart, cleaned the insides a bit with a vacuum cleaner and blow drier, put it back together and now it works great! Sorry guys, not sure why it decides to work now!

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Never use a vacuum inside a PC...they generate huge amounts of static electricity...although it sounds like you got lucky this time.

Not to mention they love to inhale those tiny little jumpers off the MBoard...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Salmon Trout

Never use a vacuum inside a PC...they generate huge amounts of static electricity...although it sounds like you got lucky this time.

Not to mention they love to inhale those tiny little jumpers off the MBoard...

And they can overspeed fans and cause bearing and/or motor failure. Whether sucking or blowing, take care! Also, if you move air around vigorously inside a computer case, don't do it with RAM slots empty, that you intend to use. Dust can get carried in them and cause puzzling symptoms, and it doesn't take much.