Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mini USB reader error  (Read 5675 times)

DenDen

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Mini USB reader error
    « on: June 21, 2013, 08:41:07 PM »
    I've been having this problem ??? where my computer will hang a few minutes after startup, no mouse or keyboard input will be accepted, so I finally got around to the event viewr and everytime a crash occurs it was always preceded by this

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&1&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_GENERIC&PROD_MINI_SD_READER&REV_1.06#7&29D2AFC&0&058F63776378&4#.

fix please ?  :'(

Specs:
    Gateway DX4320
    AMD Radeon HD 6670
    Windows 7 premium 64bit
    6gb RAM
    AMD Phenom(tm) II x4 820 Processor 2.8gz

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Mini USB reader error
    « Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 08:12:01 PM »
    You can try removing the USB boot option in bios and see if that helps. In boot order make sure it is not an option or the last on the list after C: drive. Although for the fact that you have en error in event log its making its way to Windows startup when this is happening. If this mini USB reader came with drivers I'd make sure they are up to date.

Which model is this USB reader... I am assuming SD Card Reader is what it is, is this original to the Gateway computer build internally or added on later as an external reader which can be removed to see if the computer boots fine without it attached?