Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blowing Things Up (That Is, Making Things Larger)  (Read 3284 times)

rjbinney

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • Disarmingly Good-looking
  • Experience: Familiar
Blowing Things Up (That Is, Making Things Larger)
« on: July 01, 2013, 05:27:19 PM »
I have a spreadsheet I'd like to turn into a poster - I'd like it spread across (that is, tiled) two A3 sheets wide and two A# sheets tall. It's currently formatted for one A4 sheet.

What I've been doing is - Save As. Convert text from 9 pt to 20 point. Setting 'Fit to 2 by 2' and then dragging the columns and rows until it fits.

I tried saving as PDF and printing 'Auto-Size', but that only blows it up as big as ONE A3...

Any tips/tricks to doing this?

(I threw this in Windows because I didn't think it was ultimately an Excel-specific question).

Thanks
Dan: You're gonna need to get someone to fix my computer.                     Kim: What's wrong with it?                     Dan: It's in several pieces on my floor.

rjbinney

Topic Starter

Adviser
Re: Blowing Things Up (That Is, Making Things Larger)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 10:53:42 PM »
[bump]
Dan: You're gonna need to get someone to fix my computer.                     Kim: What's wrong with it?                     Dan: It's in several pieces on my floor.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 07:43:48 PM »
Does your version of Microsoft Office include Publisher?  If so, I suggest you explore use of Publisher to accomplish what you want.  Publisher is designed for such tasks as posters.  I believe Excel workbooks or parts of workbooks can be imported into Publisher.  References:

rjbinney

Topic Starter

Adviser
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 07:53:38 PM »
No, but I think the office 2013 I just got on my laptop does. So as long as I can save as PDF, I could email it back and forth... Will give. That a try. Thanks!