Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: [Packard Bell LJ71] I turn it on but screen is Black.  (Read 5031 times)

DanielZ

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    [Packard Bell LJ71] I turn it on but screen is Black.
    « on: August 09, 2013, 09:30:03 AM »
    Hello, today i was playing a game called Team Fortress 2 and Whilst i was walking my keyboard suddenly didnt work i then turned off the PC and turned it back on the computer lights turned on the off the fan started and that doesent turn off, i then let it on for 5-10 min to see if something happend but there wasnt please help as this is my brothers computer and he's gonna beat the sh*t out of me if i dont fix it.
    PS: The computer is around 3 Years old
    Note: Sorry for my bad English i'm writing this on my IPad and i'm only 11 (Name of PC is in Title) Windows 7 as OS.
    PC Problems: Bad Battery (Needs Charging 24/7

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: [Packard Bell LJ71] I turn it on but screen is Black.
    « Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 05:48:51 PM »
    Remove battery and let laptop set for about 15 min and then plug battery in and see if that helps. Seen laptops act this way and completely removing power for like 10 or 15 minutes and plugging battery back in it then turns on and is fine.

Also try to boot the laptop off of just outlet power pack power with battery removed and see if it will run connected off the power pack without battery installed. Sometimes batterys fail and will pull the power down to where the laptop can not function.