Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: no image when uploaded to send in hotmail  (Read 3546 times)

9523johnp

Topic Starter

Rookie

no image when uploaded to send in hotmail
    « on: September 24, 2013, 07:47:44 AM »
    I can any one help I posted the following on another site, as yet not solved:
    no thumb nails in email attachments XP outlook

my p.c. is fine, have been trying to help a friend sending a photo as an attachment when uploaded to the e/mail mine show as a thumbnail of the image but when my friend uploads an image to a e-mail he can see a landscape i see the same when i receive his e-mail
    can you help thanks

Hi thanks for your reply, my p.c. is xp i use maxthon cloud  browser (i don,t use internet explorer because as soon as it opens it freezes) I also use  Google   chrome . My friends is xp uses internet explorer. I mentioned that all e sees is a landscape. I think it's the icon windows picture and fax viewer uses. to have a look I put a photo on my desk top and clicked properties, open with : the icon is very small but i think its the windows picture and fax viewer. In E mails I clicked new, attachment from file and uploaded it and i could see the thumb nail of the photo.

when he receives he can see the thumbnail of the photo. The problem is his P.C. when he uploads the image to the e-mail he cannot see the photo, neither can I when I receive It.

I sent my step daughter a photo and she sent one back no problem, she is using xp and internet explorer and google chrome. My friends P.C. is set to  automatically  up date.

Hi  It' s Monday evening, I cannot got to my friends computer till wednesday however I thought I would
    look at my I.E. I done everything that you suggested and looking at the links and doing everything that was suggested. looked at updates. no  prioties  11 for windows so I updated it did not take long to down load
    speed 100 mbps but 40 minuets to install. restart. Even though I reset I.E. to default I gone through everything.
    deleting add ons, passwords history
      On my computer I have 2 harddrives: C=270 gb (180 gb free space) D drive: 465 gb (397 gb free space)
    D drive has another copy of XP for a backup. 2 gb of ram AMD duel core processor it is a  reasonably  fast P.C.

C drive:  browsers: Maxthon cloud, Google chrome when I'an In outlook, I click new, attachment from file
    the file uploads and I can see the picture however in I.E. all I can see is a oblong shape where the picture should be filled with a seanic view mountain on the left and sea shore. Even though I done all the necessary cleaning
    downloaded I.E. 8 internet explorer  still loads and freezes with a white screen.
    I also tried starting in safe mode with networking It loaded much faster however the image still does not appear when uploaded into a e-mail.
    I also rebooted into drive "d" on there I have firefox which works fine. I.E is the same on the "d" drive
    Normally I can fix any problem  however this has got me beat, If I cannot fix mine I cannot fix my friends.
    His P.C. has XP not much ram however it works fine, he only uses I.E. which is also fine except for this one problem fo not being able to see the photo when it has uploaded into the e-mail

looking at the above questions I have  answered  them. the 3rd question:
    Does the same thing happen when you access your account from the same computer with a different browser?
    NO,  second  question YES in internet explorer
    I think the problem is I.E. other  browsers  are fine, My step daughter used I.E. on her XP machine thats fine

0130 hours tuesday test: maxthon cloud brouser, I sent an e-mail to my wife with photo.
    closed maxthon down, opened I.E. all I could get was a white screen - connecting. task manager would not open.
    ctlr / alt / delete would not work. pushed start button to switch off!! Restarted control panel removed AVG tool bar. internet explorer opened faster. loged into my wifes e-mails the photo was there.
    I clicked new to send to my e-mail address attach file: it attached but could not see the photo.
    I loggged out of my wifes. logged on to my E-mail - No, I could not see the photo in the attachment only
    the landscape bed time!!