Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please can anyone help me with an excel equation needed for my spreadsheet  (Read 2650 times)

TILBURY3

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Please can anyone help me with an excel equation needed for my spreadsheet.

I have an excel spreadsheet in Windows 7 that shows a 2600 rows, and several columns. in each row is an item for sale with a price against it in two seperate columns. There is other data in the other columns also.

I need to apply a formula to affect every cell and its corresponding number in the 'price column'. It needs to sort out the numbers from high to low so that the lowest numbers appear at the beginning of the spreadsheet (top of the page) and graduate up in order so that the highest price is at the end of the spreadsheet (bottom of the page)

Many thanks in anticipation

Heather

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Please can anyone help me with an excel equation needed for my spreadsheet
    « Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 08:08:40 AM »
    As I understand your question, sorting seems to be the main issue.  Do you know how to sort all rows?

I need to apply a formula to affect every cell and its corresponding number in the 'price column'. It needs to sort out the numbers from high to low ...
    Are you saying you want the formula to do the sorting?  This part of your post is not clear to me.