Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC encountering critical errors and can't install updates  (Read 3869 times)

sm33753

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    PC encountering critical errors and can't install updates
    « on: September 27, 2013, 11:21:10 AM »
    Hi there

I hope I'm writing this in the right bit!  For the past few weeks my Acer Aspire has been having a few issues... I keep getting error messages that say something has encountered a critical error and is shutting down... I cannot install updates, it gets to stage 2 after the restart and then says the updates aren't configured correctly and reverts changes... and now iTunes won't work... I uninstalled and reinstalled but I get the following error message:

An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft. VC80.CRT.type=win32".version="8.0.50727.6195".publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b".processorArchitecture="x86"'.Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT:0x80070BC9.

I have no idea if they're all related or what but can anyone help please?

Thanks
    Sara

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: PC encountering critical errors and can't install updates
    « Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 05:10:11 PM »
    Do you have the System Recovery Disc to perform a repair installation? Have you tried using an earlier restore point and then try to perform updates from earlier point?

sm33753

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: PC encountering critical errors and can't install updates
      « Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 06:17:18 AM »
      Hi

Sorry for delay in responding, only just checked back in. I have tried quite a few earlier restore points and I'm still having this problem... I'm afraid I have no idea where the system recovery disk is :-(

Thanks
      Sara