Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: dell dimension c521  (Read 2583 times)

ComputerGuy1990

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    dell dimension c521
    « on: October 09, 2013, 02:25:31 AM »
    Hello everybody and thanks for reading this post, I am here today to get some help from all you guys, ok so I have 2 problems and here they are

- first problem consist of the desktop power to turn yellow when I turn on and I do not know if its is normal or not but inside the mother board there is also a orange light that stays on might be normal but do not know now I had 3 rams attached to the mainboard and took one out because i though it was power draining but that was not the problem because when I try to turn on it stays orange (have to check if it blinks or remains orange) but on further notice I have also changed the power supply to one I bought on tigerdirect less than 5 months old and it works perfectly fine on my new window 7 computer if any of you guys have any solution on this let me know please thank you and lastly bare with me my old desktop (the one that has the problem) runs VGA cables and i have a flatscreen that also has vga so when i plug them in the desktop does not seem to notice it i think the motherboard is fried because of the fact that my vga defintely work i tried it on 3 different computer but all suggestions are greatly appreciated and sorry for the order i put all these in.

-second problem i take the hdd out and put it in to my newer desktop. it loads up and everything but once it gets to the menu that ask for password my keyboard and mouse just do not work anymore. but keep in mind if i put my new hdd in it which run window 7 onto my newer desktop it will surely work so i am not sure if i should give the xp a upgrade to window 7 and hopefully it works of if that what is causing the keyboard and mouse to fail on passoword menu

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: dell dimension c521
    « Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 05:34:51 AM »
    Your post is impossible to read. Please use punctuation. Also, there is no need to post the same question more than once. I deleted the duplicate. Thank you.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: dell dimension c521
    « Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 11:03:25 AM »
    To address your second question - You cannot move an install of Windows between computers, you need to install the drive into the new computer, format (erase) it and reinstall Windows from scratch.