Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Epson printer XP-310  (Read 13446 times)

Mayuukosan

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Epson printer XP-310
« on: October 30, 2013, 04:18:08 PM »
Hello All!

I have an Epson wi-fi printer model XP-310.

The issue is it will say "Out of Paper" when paper is loaded, or alternatively, will say "Paper Jam" when no paper jam is present.

To reproduce this, I only need to print ANYTHING.

The exact steps that happen are:

1. I attempt to print a document.

2. Printer says "Printing..." and will spool out 2-3 sheets of paper.

3. This step has two outcomes. Either:
    a. Printer says "Out of paper. Please load paper." even if paper is still present in the loading tray. Attempting to print again will result in paper being fed through with same response.
    b. Printer says "Paper Jam. Please remove jammed paper." However, no paper is jammed. Attempting to print again results in paper being fed through with same response.

Printing when directly connected to printer or over wi-fi gives same result.

However, when printing pages such as the printer test page, it prints fine all of the time. When printing scanned pages, prints about 50% of the time, only giving the "Out of Paper" message, never "Paper Jam".

The problem occurs 100% when sending a page to be printed over wi-fi, using cloud print services, using my phone, and my laptop.

I've only had this printer a few months, and I'd hate to buy another so soon, but of course the warranty is already over. I am pulling my hair out over this, because it prints the diagnostic pages fine, so it is obvious it works.

I have tried dusting out the inside with a can of air but that didn't make any difference. I have checked the sensors inside (or what looks like sensors) but nothing seems blocked or obstructed. It feeds though the blank paper but doesn't print.

Thank you for any assistance!

Lisa_maree

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Epson printer XP-310
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 01:29:07 AM »
Sorry the printer has a logic board fault. It should have had at least a 1 year warranty ? also if you said you were having the same problem printing test pages then I would suspect a faulty cartridge.
Try the warranty as there is nothing that can be done with a printer showing those symptoms.
Make sure if you do take it back it has Epson cartridges installed. 
You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan

Mayuukosan

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Epson printer XP-310
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 06:42:16 PM »
Oh okay, thanks! Unfortunately it had only a 90 day warranty according to the paperwork but maybe if I contact Epson they will be understanding.

If it matters, I always used the Epson cartridges...even if this isn't the cheapest printer, the cartridges are pretty cheap.

Thanks for the help!