Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Connection Problems Proxy Server  (Read 9138 times)

DmSarz

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Internet Connection Problems Proxy Server
    « on: October 31, 2013, 03:30:32 PM »
    My daughter accidentally deleted Wingate 7 from our new computer. I downloaded Wingate 8 and now my computer won't connect to the Internet, says there is no response from the proxy server. I've changed from wireless to Ethernet and still no change. I don't have the money to get it fixed professionally and would prefer to fix it myself.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Please check out my shop!
    Etsy.com/shop/ADJsWildArt

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Internet Connection Problems Proxy Server
    « Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 04:00:13 PM »
    Why are you using a proxy?

You should be able to disable the proxy setting in the Internet Explorer browser under Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections ( Tab ) -> and remove the pointer to the proxy and be able to surf the web without it having connection issues to internet because proxy is not available.

As far as accidentally deleting the proxy, its more of an intentional deletion such as if you were using the proxy to spy/keep track of or limit her surfing etc. So she likely intentionally deleted it to avoid you from snooping on her web travels since a proxy can be used to log where people have gone etc in addition to content control to block sites etc.

Pentium

Rookie

• Yes
    « Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 04:04:33 PM »
    Lol, you scared him away..

He is never going to come back

:)
    "Victory belongs to the most persevering."-Napoleone Buonaparte

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 06:16:30 PM »

:)

You are new here...you responded to a 1 1/2 Month  old Topic...
    Think about it.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Pentium

Rookie

• Yes
    « Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 03:58:39 PM »
    Im sorry... must have got carried away scrolling down the list :'(

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    « Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 04:43:47 PM »
    You are new here...you responded to a 1 1/2 Month  old Topic...
    Think about it.

Im sorry... must have got carried away scrolling down the list  :'(

Dont worry too much about that...   ;D it was only really 19 days  ( 10/31 to 11/18 ), not 1.5 months.

Only suggestion I have regarding the post is while humor to posts may be funny, as well as we all jab each other every once in a while due to typos in spelling etc, its best not to post a comment that is not really beneficial to anyone who may find this through a google hit etc. It wastes space and detracts from the professionalism of the site. But this is not to scold you at all by any means. I welcome anyone who wants to help others here as well as those in need for help.

Some comments you may see however are like "Here we go again" with people who ask for help but you can swear they are going out of their way to post for assistance and intentionally leaving out specific details so that what can be solved in 1 response is dragged out to 18 responses for additional info as they play games to hook you in to make you chase your tail trying to come to a solution for them in which they may not even really have this problem, and they plainly are getting kicks out of making you scratch your head and leading you on further etc. We have had people here act this way and no names mentioned, but all of us here who have been here for years know of the past problems with reoccuring intentional time wasters. Sometimes they get banned and other times we see their posts and ignore them after making taking a quick peek to see if after crying wolf for so long that maybe they actually have a real problem this time and their post / trap that is waiting to hook someone sits at 0 responses until someone gets lured in and taken down the path of frustration when there is likely never to be a solution to the posted question to that is extremely lacking in specifics. And even when posting a list of questions with every specific detail required to post a final post that has a solution to their problem, they dodge this because it goes against the game that they are playing!

Fortunately their are only a couple of individuals that I have had to just ignore and the good majority of people are posting real problems and looking for real help vs trying to catch someone into their trap and waste time of everyone who gets hooked into the trap.

Glad to have you with us, and I hope to see you helping others here if you are familiar on a subject matter that has beneficial info to share to all readers.

Pentium

Rookie

• Yes
    « Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 03:25:29 PM »
    Thanks for the informative reply and welcome. I think this topic should be closed now, to many replies with nothing to do with the question. :)