Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I get password from Outlook Express 6?  (Read 3990 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
How do I get password from Outlook Express 6?
« on: October 31, 2013, 08:21:18 PM »
Yes, it is my computer. It is my e-mail account. But I have no record of what was the last password I had use for taht account. I is only in Outlook Express.  I can not find it anywhere else. The e-mail  works fine. but I want to know what the password is. Rught now, I can only use OE 6 to receive messages for this account. I don 't have th password to use other e-mail clients.
I thought this would be easy, but links found on Google are of little help. They talk about a PST file. Duh? whee is it? how do I find it?
Any help would be nice.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: How do I get password from Outlook Express 6?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 08:58:24 AM »
The PST file belongs to Outlook, not OE.  I know of no way to retrieve a password in OE. 

You can access that email account via web browser, can't you?  I believe nearly all email accounts can be accessed by web browser.   So, I would access the account that way, change the password there, and then you can enter the new password in OE and you're back in business with it.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 08:59:28 AM »
Geek you should know our Policy here by now.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 11:42:58 AM »
There are programs which can reveal an already stored password, at the moment when a software application (e.g. browser or email app) automatically inserts it as a row of asterisks into a dialog, but if it isn't stored, the only option is to either remember it correctly or get it reset. The email account is run by the email provider that you have an account with, whether this is your ISP or some other outfit, they will be able to reset it for you.

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 12:05:49 PM »
Thanks guys, I should know better. I will have to call my e-mail provider an do it over the phone. And net time I will put it in my log book. With my pencil.
Those password sniffers don't work for me.