Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Photo Gallery-Can't save scanned items-System cannot find file specified  (Read 4178 times)

lkmiscnet

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    When I try to scan a document, I am prompted to name the file and get the following error, which prevents me from saving the file:

The following error occurred while importing image.jpg: The system cannot find the file specified. Try again. Skip this file. Skip all files with errors.

I think the problem started when I had a trojan virus that was tough to get rid of (I am hoping I have removed all the remnants--all virus scans come out clean) and moved the entire shell "Pictures" folder to an external hard drive to protect my photos. I realized afterwards that I should have just moved the individual files. I tried to move the entire Pictures folder back to C: drive where it was, but I don't think that worked in maintaining the associations it had, namely with Windows Photo Gallery. How can I get this working again?

My system restore doesn't work either anymore, so that will be of no help. I am trying to avoid reinstalling Vista at all costs.

Also, when I click on the start button and get the drop down box with the programs on the right side and links to folders on the left (see below), the Pictures link no longer works either, which I think is related to moving the entire folder and trying, unsuccessfully, to move it back. How can I fix this related problem?

Admin name at top
    Documents
    Pictures
    Music
    Games

Thanks so much.

I'll have to start a new topic on the fact that I also can't open or download any files in yahoo using internet explorer 9.0 only (works in FF and Chrome) or download .exe software files in IE9? Just thought I would mention in case the issues are linked...

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    This means when you created the document you only made a link to the pic...instead of copying it into the doc itself...
    Now the file path/location has changed and that's exactly what the scanning app is telling you.
    When moving them back it most likely created a new Pictures folder...which path's location is different.
    You will have to do it manually i'm afraid.

P.S. This behaviour wasn't caused by the trojan.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "