Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer is no longer functioning.  (Read 2638 times)

jtraymon

Topic Starter

• Computers run everything
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Computer is no longer functioning.
« on: December 10, 2013, 09:07:09 PM »
Hey there guys,

So my computer has decided to no longer function properly, and I believe it to be a hardware failure but I would like a second opinion before I try to deal with the manufacturers. So today my computer crashed for no reason, and I had to re install my operating system which is Windows 8. However, my SSD hard drive was no longer showing up in my bios menu and when I went to install windows, I could only put it on my 1TB hard drive that I was using a secondary. MY SSD is 256 GB and is a Seagate

So I installed it there and still, no sign of my SSD. So I am assuming my SSD has failed. However, when I try to re install my motherboard drivers, the computer breaks and is unable to start. The system will start to boot then give me an error message stating my computer has run into problems and needs to restart. The error message below displays so fast that it is impossible to read it. The computer just infinitely keeps restarting once I get to this point.  So what I am wondering is if this could be a duel hardware failure, or if my current hard drive is simply to old to handle the newer hardware of my custom made machine. I took it out of my old hp laptop that I had sense high school so I can't really say to much about what it is other then it's 1TB. The rest of my system specs are below.

ASUS Rampage IV Gene LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-S-B 850W Continuous @40°C ,80 PLUS Certified, ATX12V v2.2 & EPS12V v2.91, SLI Ready CrossFire Ready, Active PFC "Compatible with Core i7, i5" Power Supply
Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 2011 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80619i73820
OCZ Vertex 450 Series VTX450-25SAT3-256G 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-16GXM

Let me know what it could be and where a good place to go from where I am already at which is the infinite reboot. Could this be that my old hard drive simply can't handle the rest of my system, or could there potentially be a problem with my motherboard? Thanks in advance for any help you offer.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Computer is no longer functioning.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 01:30:28 PM »
Hi

When you loaded windows onto the 1TB was the 256Gb ssd still connected ?

If it was can you try booting with it disconnected ?

If the computer boots then the SSD has failed and should be replaced under warrantee.

When they do the ssd replacement they should test the rest of the computer as well.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan