Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 7 Login user accounts problem.  (Read 4242 times)

ppdavid

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Windows 7 Login user accounts problem.
    « on: December 17, 2013, 07:24:25 PM »
    I was on my adminstrator account and I created a new account and switched the account's type to administrator while switching the account I was already on to a standard account. So I logged off and tried to enter the newly created administrator account but and message appeared and said that the profile service could not login, profile could not load. I had no choice but to enter the older (standard) account. And as a standard user I had all these restrictions imposed on me. I required administrator permission to do installations and even to change my account type to avoid this. It wouldn't have been such a problem since the administrator account didn't even have a password set but because the other profile couldn't be located I wasn't able to do anything at all and not disable that account. I ended up being able to enter the administrator account via the service directory restore mode option accessed by pressing F7 as Windows starts up and going to advanced optins. Once there a message appeared and said:

C:\\windows\system32\config\\systemprofile\desktop refers to a location that is unavailbale. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure disk is properly inserted or that you are connected to internet or your network (which I am) and then try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location.
    I noticed that in that safe mode, I still couldn't change the account type of the other user profile and I couldn't access the libraries directory of the account I was already on. Unfortunately, in advanced user profiles, the files of the other now standard user profile ended up getting erased and when I got exited safe mode to enter that account, the same unable to load profile message came that appeared for the other account. So now I have to accounts whose profile could not be loaded and only one (the administrator new created) profile can be accessed via the mode restore safe mode addressed above.

Please help as I cannot do many things now such as install software and I only have default programs available to me in this mode.

ppdavid

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Windows 7 Login user accounts problem.
      « Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 12:44:27 AM »
      *Now I have 2 accounts whose profile could not be loaded...

utmvch

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 10:07:20 AM »
        Do you mean you can't login your old account and it logs you on a temporary one? I had a problem like this and chkdsk command solved it

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 10:19:41 AM »
        chkdsk will not fix Admin account issues at all...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

ppdavid

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 10:15:52 PM »
          Do you mean you can't login your old account and it logs you on a temporary one? I had a problem like this and chkdsk command solved it

I cannot login both accounts, the new administrator account and the old now standard account since "the profile failed to load" for both of them.