Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wont boot anymore!  (Read 2950 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
wont boot anymore!
« on: January 23, 2014, 03:28:40 PM »
Dear CH!

Im ripping my hair out! About two weeks ago i decided to instal and old game Toca race driver 3 on my machine! Its running windows 7 Ultimate. anyways. The program asks to restart the computer and so i did. now i get this screen: (sorry i cant post a photo but its exact wording)

Windows Boot Manager
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. choose your language settings, and then click "next".
3. Click Repair your computer.

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

info: the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

this has happened before but then i just did a format and reload. Thats most likey what ill be doing again but i want to know what is causing this.
now i put my win 7 dvd into the drive and it shows the windows is loading files screen and then the computer restarts....
I have XP 64bit on a dual boot but for some reason i no longer can open firefox on it.... Is this a possible hard drive failure or curruption? what tools can in use to test it? Now my second try the computer did boot from the disc but i cant repair it. It says its not the same disc even though i know it is cause its the only disc for 7 i own! What on earth is going on? its not an old machine either. built it last summer. here are the specs:

AMD Fx 8120
8gb ram
asus m5a97 motherboard
1tb wd black drive
msi r6870 hawk graphics card
850 watt PSU

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: wont boot anymore!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 04:05:37 PM »
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/cannot-run-toca-driver-3-on-windows-7/aea5fd60-cafd-4d12-8b24-7f287bb758b7

This program is not Windows 7 compatible, so you will likely need to repair Windows 7 and avoid using it on 7.