Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Asus AMD R9 280x TOP - Green bars/Static interference while gaming  (Read 2609 times)

OnceUponATime

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    Ever since I installed the asus amd R9 280x TOP with Battlefield 4 in mind I have been experiencing graphical issues in the game.
    Running three monitors with a 5040 x 1050 resolution.
    AMD Cataclyst control center 13.12
    It doesn't happen all the time but it seems to happen when there's a lot happening on the screen.

I figured it was because of Battlefield 4 with all it's bugs and that.. but I just played a game of Team Fortress 2 where it happened too thus worrying me.
    It's not a lot of information to go on but I'm not sure what to mention.

It's a mix of Green bars, old, classic static we all remember from the old TV's just randomly through the games,  in BF4 it's on all three monitors.. TF2 only supports 1 monitor so I can't say the same of this game

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Asus AMD R9 280x TOP - Green bars/Static interference while gaming
    « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 08:11:42 AM »
    What are the rest of your system specs?  Has this ever happened on the desktop, or when playing a video, or basically at any time other than gaming?
    Have you checked your temperatures?
    These artifacts are often caused by either overheating or bad graphics memory (VRAM).  Drivers can also play a part, was this a new build or did you upgrade from another card?  If so, what card?