Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No devices fully recognized by windows 7 compy  (Read 2324 times)

laurengferreira

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    No devices fully recognized by windows 7 compy
    « on: February 19, 2014, 12:38:52 PM »
    Hi. I am really hoping someone can help me with this as I've had no luck anywhere else.  Here's the trouble:  anything I plug into my computer (kindle, external hard drive, etc.) is only partially recognized by my computer but is unable to be accessed in any way. For example, when I attach my kindle, the computer recognizes it insofar as it dings and shows the icon to 'safely remove hardware' but when I go to remove the hardware it does not appear there, nor is it shown under 'my computer' where usually I can gain access to any device.  I have followed all the standard instructions for when a device is not recognized at all, but in this case it doesn't do anything, as the computer is somehow recognizing something but not all of it (the drivers for the devices are there). I am hoping that it is just a simple software thing, perhaps I deleted something accidentally. But until I fix this I can't transfer books to my new and empty kindle and I can't backup any of my files.

Please oh please help!

Thank you,

Lauren