Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Re: How do you transfer contacts from iPhone to sim card?  (Read 5556 times)

roselina

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: How do you transfer contacts from iPhone to sim card?
    « on: September 13, 2011, 10:53:18 PM »
    I think you can't do it on a new iPhone. You have to put them on your itunes. But if your iPhone allows installing third party software (when you have done a so called 'Jailbreak'), you may download a piece of software called iSIM. This will allow you to batch copy all your phone numbers to the iPhone without the need for a PC or Mac.
    What's more, some related toturials about iphone Contact to computer.
    For Mac:how to transfer or copy contacts from iPhone to Mac
    For PC: how to transfer contacts from iPhone to PC
    Hopefully these work for all of you like it just worked for me!

carriolan

Starter

Re: Re: How do you transfer contacts from iPhone to sim card?
      « Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 09:35:09 AM »
      The iPhone has no ability to transfer contacts to a SIM card. It can only import data from a SIM and even that is limited to the name and primary phone number entries.
      You probably wouldn't like the results anyway since SIM cards don't hold a lot of data and some fields don't transfer.

cimengo

Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 12:57:12 AM »
        I think you can't do it on a new iPhone. You have to put them on your itunes. But if your iPhone allows installing third party software (when you have done a so called 'Jailbreak'), you may download a piece of software called iSIM. This will allow you to batch copy all your phone numbers to the iPhone without the need for a PC or Mac.

If they are on your iphone, then they are on the sim card. If you are planning on getting iPhone 5, you could always sync your contacts to your laptop and resync the numbers with your new iphone.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
          • Me
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 06:33:53 AM »
        I am planning on selling my iPhone 4 but most of my contacts are on the iPhone and not on the sim card. How do I transfer all of my contacts from my iPhone to my sim card?

Personally, I would sync my iPhone to Exchange or Gmail (including contacts).  Then I'd synchronise my new device to the same service (unless we're talking about a "dumb" phone).
        Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

Amacidia

Rookie
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 11:12:50 PM »
          What I've done in the past is just backup with iTunes and sync with Outlook or Windows Live.

Hope that helps.

kunmerpark

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 09:31:58 AM »

Are you saying that your iPad doesn't appear in iPhoto when you plug it into your Mac? The iPad doesn't show up in iTunes either?

helenqun

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 09:01:47 PM »

The contacts are in your iPhone. How about to sync your contacts to iTunes and then transfer to your new iPhone?