Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Epson printer wont print : blank pages Model WF 2540  (Read 39940 times)

runninbare

Topic Starter

Rookie

• still able to beachbum
    • Experience: Beginner
    Epson printer wont print : blank pages Model WF 2540
    « on: March 05, 2014, 08:50:01 AM »
    Software is updated, full cartridge,  still churns out blank pages, now nozzle check is not printing anything, cleaned the head.
    « Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:19:51 AM by runninbare »
    runnningbare

runninbare

Topic Starter

Rookie

• still able to beachbum
      Re: Epson printer wont print : blank pages Model WF 2540
      « Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 10:27:20 AM »
      Software is updated, full cartridge,  still churns out blank pages, scanned a picture on photosuite, it printed out good with all colors, so the cartridges & jets are working, but wont print out text.
      runnningbare

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 11:35:03 AM »
      Any reason you are quoting your own Post ? ?

Is this a USB printer ? ?
      If so unplug the printer...remove the printer via Control Panel/Device Manager...select uninstall.
      Then remove the software in Add/Remove Programs.

Then power down the PC...re-boot...install the software again...but wait til it tells you to hook up the printer.
      Let us Know.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

runninbare

Topic Starter

Rookie

• still able to beachbum
        « Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 04:26:30 PM »
        Yes there was not a modify icon to update message, so I used the quote button to update that it was printing a photo, & test page, but not a text.
        I uninstalled the driver & software, reinstalled it, printed out a very good test page, but still continues to churn out blank pages when I try to print a text, it had worked before.
        runnningbare

DaveLembke

Sage
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 04:35:10 PM »
        So test page text displays fine.... but text from say MS Word shows nothing?

I have seen before where pictures print ok and no text and it was because the black cartridge was bad. For the fact that the picture is using other colors combined to make the image the lack of black ink went unnoticed.

If you have where its displaying the black text in the test page, but not in a document or web page printed out then this is really odd and Patio's suggestion should have fix it by uninstall and reinstall.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 04:45:53 PM »
        Bad /dried up black cartridge is my guess now that everything else has been done...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

runninbare

Topic Starter

Rookie

• still able to beachbum
          « Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 06:12:04 AM »
          When you mentioned the color, gave me another idea to test. Changed the black text to color, & it printed good, then replaced the new black cartridge with another new one, still nothing, but after cleaning the head 3 times, it kicked in & printed black good.
          Would it have kicked in with the old one, if I had cleaned the head a couple more times? dont know, but will hang on to it sealed, as it may kick in after this is gone.
          The shortcut check ink levels icon on the desktop does nothing, as a few of the other things in maintenance, but will give a few weeks to "kick in" after I re-installed the new software.
          The black cartridge was the last thing I suspected, as I had cleaned the nozzle a couple times, but thats what I like about these forums, you can get a 2nd or 3rd opinion when you may be missing the forest for the trees.
          Have been trying to find a way to get rid of the footer on bottom of page for a few years, if you have any ideas. The settings are not checked to have it print it, MS said it is a printer problem, Epson said it is a MS problem, was hopeing it would finally kick in after re-installing the software, I lean toward the printer being the problem as the settings are on its menu, or maybe it just plain never worked in this model.
          runnningbare

Lisa_maree

Mentor
          • My first real computer
            • Yes
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 12:53:55 AM »
          It is quite possible you would need to run the cleaning cycle 3 times. Especially if the printer hadn't been used for some time. If you are not getting link levels , are you using genuine Epson cartridges ?
          The first black cartridge would have been ok with some more cleaning cycles.
          You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
          ― John Bunyan

Conan Afar

Get Epson printer wont print help
            « Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 04:56:38 AM »
            A ink cartridge or cartridges maybe low, empty or possibly clogged

First step is to see will if it print a test page

Go to Start, settings, printers. Right click on the printer, properties, print test page.

If that doesn't work there should be a head cleaning option in properties that will make it clean the print heads.

If the ink cartridge is still clogged, saturate a q-tip with alcohol
            and lightly rub the print head

If there is still nothing after that then either it’s badly clogged, low or out of ink, and needs to be replaced

Source(s):
            https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110309161108AAMyEIr