Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer diver cannot be installed plz help  (Read 3941 times)

alexandrealex

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Printer diver cannot be installed plz help
    « on: March 18, 2014, 01:19:01 PM »
    Hello,

Please help me for I spent all day trying thousand things that didn't work, I have a windows 7  64 bit and I got a Canon MX395. Each time I try to install the driver it says failure, I tried from the site it says cannot install drivers. I kept updating my windows until it gave me an error updating, I tired many things it didn't work, I tried an older Canon printer MG CD that I had, well it did install but I cant find the printer on the list, when I try to find it or search for it even when connected by cable to it, it is not there, I am very confused and tired and I need to use it. Please can you help me? I basically do not have any printer drive! And I can't do anything thank you!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Printer diver cannot be installed plz help
    « Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 01:37:05 PM »
    Is this a new computer?
    Did you ever have a printer on it?
    Windows 7 or 8 whether 32 bit or 64 will find and install most common printers that have been around for awhile.
    Canon MX395 is a current printer and there is not mention of widespread  problems  with it during installation.

More likely ports are damaged. The fact that  you can not get anything to be seen by windows would suggest this. If thins is a new computer, you have to return it. Thee is no practical way for the user to repair the hardware.

alexandrealex

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 03:06:47 PM »
      Hello,
      Thank u for ur reply, unfortunately it is not a new computer, therefore I can do nothing about it, it is a Toshiba and no I have never installed a printer on it so no solution :( I cant buy a new one now!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 08:41:21 PM »
      OK. You never had a printer on it.
      When did you install Windows 7 64 bit?
      What is the model # of you Toshiba?
      Do you have any USB things tact work on it?
      Like a misuse? or a Camera?