Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sony Camcorder-Live streaming help!  (Read 8775 times)

dalamb13

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Sony Camcorder-Live streaming help!
    « on: March 27, 2014, 06:26:04 PM »
    Recently bought a Sony Handycam. Model number is HDR-CX240. I am trying to live stream through this.. In other words, get the camcorder to work as a webcam. It has a USB cable, HDMI, and a mini-SD slot..

I've tried doing everything I know to do.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Sony Camcorder-Live streaming help!
    « Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 06:59:54 PM »
    I know that some cameras support this while others do not. The problem is in the camera itself as to whether it is fast enough to be able to encode on the fly to USB communications. I'd contact the manufacturer and see what they say, especially if bought new. This way they can tell you if it supports this or not and if it doesnt you can return it and get a better model that likely costs more that supports this feature.

BTW, the last live stream I assisted with used a Camera + a Video capture card. The Video Capture card took the video feed from composite AV connection between camera and PC and this processed on the fly using the quadcore computer with capture card which was connected to the broadband connection which then fead the video to dimdim which was free at the time for video streaming/conferencing and now costs money to use. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimdim

This was used for a Game Con live stream years ago that I assisted with.

What software are you using to stream with etc?