Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound Cards  (Read 2576 times)

musicman

Sound Cards
« on: October 26, 2005, 11:06:16 PM »
Hello to Everyone..

I am really a newbie to allot of this. I am a older guy and I need some help with sound cards.
I am into DJ-ing. I am not DJ-in with a laptop as of yet, but hopefully I will get there one day.
My question is:
I need to buy a sound blaster card for my computer.
I cannot really understand all the tech stuff about all the different cards.
All I need is a good pro sound in recording my CD's to my hard drive, in turn my Musicmatch Jukebox makes them into MP3 files and I burn a CD from that. I also download music from Musicmatch 99cents a song. I dont know if I should get the Sound Blaster for MP3's?
I really am not a person that can understand all the tech stuff.. but I do know a good sound when I hear it.
I was told that Sound Blaster will make all the difference.
I also understand that the dfferent cards come with different software bundles..Which one is right for me?
I would apprecaite anyone that can help this old guy out.
Thank-you for your help
Musicman

pcwizard

Hopeful

• A computer is for life, not just gaming!!
    Re: Sound Cards
    « Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 05:05:55 PM »
    It really depends on how  much you are prepared to pay.

But the Creative Audigy 2ZS Platinum and others in that range are excellent. I have this one and it's 7.1 capable which means 7speaker surround sound with a kick *censored* sub woofer.

The software bundles allow for cd burning, playback mixing, and dvd audio now as well.
    A computer is for life....not just gaming!!

musicman

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 05:41:36 PM »
    Hello PC Wizards

Thank-you for helping me..
    I really dont know how much I want to spend, it all depends what I am getting for my money.
    I have listed the ones below and I was told that all are good. I just dont know which one is right for me
    The last one is allot cheaper, but I hear not as good as the rest. Can you please tell me the difference of the
    others and which one is better suited for my needs.
    I get confused when reading about these, they all mention using them for playing games. I understand that all of them will enhance the sound-effects for games, but I need the one that will best fit my music needs. Recording and playing the music for DJ-ing.

Thank-you for your time and help.

Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite –Pro
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Music
    Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum- Pro
    Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
    Turtle Beach Catalina

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 06:02:54 PM »
    Does your pc produce decent audio out put to speakers......if so then why bother......

Type dxdiag in the box and test for sound.....

musicman

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 09:03:42 PM »
    Hello Merlin_2

I have a Ok sound but I would like it to be better.
    I will do that test and see..Thank-you for the info.

I also need to ask another question to anyone that
    will help me..
    What is the best software to find deleted MP3 files.
    I am on a new hard drive.. the old one took a crash
    once and my friend got it back.  I used the old hard drive
    for awhile.....then I had the same friend installed a new bigger hard drive for me.. when the transfer of files to the new hard drive.. I noticed some music files
    missing, plus before the new hard drive was installed
    I accidently deleted some music files from the old hard drive. I was told nothing could be done about
    getting my deleted mp3 files back. They were lost forever. They were not in the trash bin either.
    I was reading about a software called
    "Recover My Files". It said it could recover mp3 files,etc.
    Even if they were deleted out of the trash or the hard drive was formatted..what ever that means and so on..
    Is it that true and has anyone ever used it.
    I would really like to get those music files back.
    Thank-you for helping me.
    I appreciate your time and trouble.
    Musicman