Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hard drive not showing up in 'My Computer', and 'Disk Management'  (Read 3062 times)

Zephyrus

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    The Seagate Momentus 5400.6 hard drive I'm using is from my old laptop it has 4 disks.
    After I put it in the (IT-CEO IT-700) enclosure, and connect it to my new laptop it does not show up in 'My Cumputer' and 'Disk Management', but displays in the 'device and printer' section of control pannel.
    I also can't eject the hard drive, even when I'm not doing anything to it, the (IT-CEO IT-700) enclusre's blue signal light just keeps flashing for a while then goes off for a sec, then resume flashing again.

I tried reinstall the hard drive's driver, but that did not solve the problem.

Please Help  ???

hwrddrn

Rookie
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Hard drive not showing up in 'My Computer', and 'Disk Management'
    « Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 09:33:47 AM »
    does it work fine when u put it back into the old laptop

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 09:42:01 AM »
    Does it show up in the BIOS ? ?
    Not too impressed with that enclosure...that unit may be in fact the issue.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 06:46:47 PM »
    Hi

Can you hear the drive spinning. It is possible windows can see the usb to sata converter board in the case but the drive isn't showing up due to you not having enough power to start the drive. If you have a USB 3.0 port use that. If the drive still isn't spinning then you will need a different way to attach the drive.
    Like direct to the computers Sata and power connections. Or using something like this

http://www.amazon.com/Drive-Adapter-Converter-Optical-External/dp/B001OORMVQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1398299746&sr=8-4&keywords=usb+to+sata
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan