Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Black screen after windows logo/ starting windows  (Read 6123 times)

masei

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Black screen after windows logo/ starting windows
    « on: April 22, 2014, 02:29:45 PM »
    So far what happens is that when i boot my computer it goes black after the starting windows part. I have tried to uninstall my display drivers and then reinstall them. After unistalling them i was able to boot it however after the reinstall the same problem occurred. I have tried this with the previous, current and latest beta driver.
    Thanks for the help :)

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Black screen after windows logo/ starting windows
    « Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 02:31:03 PM »
    Saw this is 4/22 post and here it is 5/7, but if your still looking for assistance. What is make/model of computer, and if its a custom build all specs to assist you with this? Also if its an off the shelf computer and you added a video card, what video card are you running?

jackj

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Black screen after windows logo/ starting windows
      « Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 03:53:02 AM »
      try turning in to safe mode then go to start->run, type in msconfig, and the system configuration window will come up.

First, try clicking on startup and say disable all, then say apply. Try restarting your computer and loading it normally, and see if it lets you get anywhere. If it does, you can go back into msconfig and start enabling startup items again until you find the one that is messing you up.

If that didn't work, try going back into msconfig, keep all the startup items disabled, and click on the services tab. check the box saying hide all microsoft services, then click on disable all, and hit apply. Try restarting into Windows normally again, if it works, then again, you have to figure out which service/startup items are affecting your boot up.

If that didn't work either, then you may have a graphics card issue. Where does it stop when you try to load Windows normally?