Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I change email w/Windows Live back to Windows Mail?  (Read 4575 times)

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

How do I change email w/Windows Live back to Windows Mail?
    « on: April 26, 2014, 03:31:08 PM »
    I downloaded updates and after I did, whenever I am on a web page I want to send to a friend, I right-click and now it says Email with Windows Live.  Before, when I right-clicked, it just said email page or link.  It does not do that now.  I've been told here on this forum that updates will NOT change your computer, but I beg to differ as this has certainly changed. Can someone explain this to me and also get me back to just right-clicking and it comes up simply as email page or link?

Thanks so much in advance!

Debby

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: How do I change email w/Windows Live back to Windows Mail?
    « Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 03:36:31 PM »
    What Web Browser are you using?
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 04:45:06 PM »
      I'm using Exlorer 8 or 9 I think???

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 07:19:05 PM »
      I'm using Exlorer 8 or 9 I think???
      The latest version now is 11.  That's what you should have if you are getting your Windows updates, as you say you are. 

Is your OS Windows Vista or Windows 7?  Before the updates, I gather, by the title of you topic here, that you were Windows Mail. That implies your OS is Vista, since it came with Windows Mail.  Please confirm the details here. 

By "Windows Live", do you mean Windows Live Mail?  Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail are separate programs. Again, Windows Vista came with Windows Mail.  Windows 7 came with no email client/program, but Windows 7 users can download and install Windows Live Mail for free from Microsoft.  So, do you now have Windows Live Mail also installed on your computer, in addition to Windows Mail?

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 05:15:19 PM »
        I'm running Vista.  How do I find out what version of Explorer I have?  I am somewhat computer stupid - I have a laptop that has Windows 7 and the only way I can find Internet Options is by going on line and go to the little tool in the top left corner!  The computer I use is Vista, Windows Mail.  However, when I right-click it says E-mail with Windows Live.  When I tried that, a window came up asking me to sign in and I have never used Windows Live, so I tried to set up the thing and just kept getting error messages.  Eventually, I want to learn how to make my laptop with Windows Live (that I've never used) be compatable with Windows Mail or vice versa. I am not certain I would do it correctly, plus I want to put some of my files on this computer onto the laptop, so I will probably hire someone who comes to your house and set up all this stuff for me.  On my laptop, I did not download and install anything, Windows Live was already there.  On the Vista, I only have Windows Mail which is why I am getting confused about why it says Windows Live when I right-click a page I want to email to someone.  I hope I've given you enough information.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 06:24:17 PM »
        In Explorer clik Help/About on the file menu...it'll tell you what you have
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 11:21:46 AM »
          Good gracious, I'm using Explorer 9! I guess I should update to Explorer 11, huh?

soybean

Genius
          « Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 12:07:22 PM »
          Good gracious, I'm using Explorer 9! I guess I should update to Explorer 11, huh?
          Apparently, IE9 is the end of the road for Windows Vista.  Reference: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/internet-explorer-ie10-vista-windows,12580.html

soybean

Genius
          « Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 01:14:33 PM »
          I downloaded updates and after I did, whenever I am on a web page I want to send to a friend, I right-click and now it says Email with Windows Live.  Before, when I right-clicked, it just said email page or link.  It does not do that now.  I've been told here on this forum that updates will NOT change your computer, but I beg to differ as this has certainly changed. Can someone explain this to me and also get me back to just right-clicking and it comes up simply as email page or link?
          I have not used IE9 for quite some time so I can only refer to IE11 and it might be different from IE9 in this respect.  With IE11, right clicking on a web page also displays the option to E-mail with Windows Live.  I believe this applies to all IE users, even if they have not created a live.com email account. 

If IE9 is like IE10/11 in this respect, you still have the option to send a web page by clicking on File (on the IE menu bar), pointing to Send, and selecting Page by e-mail.