Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: advise plz! Dual HDMI ports monitor  (Read 2780 times)

josh89

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    advise plz! Dual HDMI ports monitor
    « on: May 01, 2014, 08:15:01 PM »
    i was looking for monitor for myself on ebay, i found interesting one..
    brand name WASABI MANGO anyone has/has seen one???  seems pretty  fine with reasonable price to me.

WASABI MANGO QHD275 dual HDMI.
    27"
    LED backlight
    1,000:1 Contrast Ratio
    5,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
    100mm x 100mm VESA holes
    8 bit color 16.7 Million Colors
    2560 x 1440
    HDMI x 2, D-Sub, Dual link DVI-D
    Voltage-Free (110V to 240V)
    Aspect Ratio 16:9
    6ms Response time
    380cd
    178º Viewing angle
    2W + 2W Built-in Speakers

whad do you think??

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: advise plz! Dual HDMI ports monitor
    « Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 08:53:42 PM »
    I personally dont buy displays through ebay, but instead buy through a known retail chain either in person at a local store or online. Also its a gamble with unknown brands like this. At least through a retail outlet I know that I can easily get a replacement or trade it in for something else if there is any problems.

Here is another person who posted similar to Toms Hardware and the reply is about the same as what I have to say about it.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2117745/wasabi-mango-qhd275-dual-hdmi.html

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: advise plz! Dual HDMI ports monitor
    « Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 07:37:42 AM »
    That's another one of those Korean 1440p monitors.  As far as the image quality goes they are really good and are extremely high resolution (2560x1440).  There are just a few of things you need to watch out for:

• Dead pixels - Some of those cheaper ones come with panels that have a couple of dead pixels, read the eBay listing to see what the seller's policy is on this
    • Support - As this is a generic brand, you will be very lucky to get any sort of warranty or aftersales support.
    • Build Quality - These monitors use very similar/the same LCD panels as much higher end monitors like the Dell Ultrasharp 27" and the Apple Thunderbolt display.  However, in order to sell the monitor at a reasonable price they have to cut costs in other areas which is generally the casing and stands which are pretty cheaply made.  However, they are fine for just sitting on a desk and you can usually attach a standard VESA mount stand if you are looking for a better one.
    • Video card - If you are wanting to run games on this, you need to be careful with your video card.  These monitors are very high resolution so you need a really good video card to be able to drive them, otherwise you may need to turn down the graphical settings on games.
    • Interface - HDMI can be a bit hit-or-miss at very high resolutions like this.  You would really be best to connect it over the Dual Link DVI connection that the monitor offers.
    Overall these Korean monitors give great value for money but you just need to bare in mind that except for maybe a small guarantee offered by the eBay seller, you aren't going to be able to get lots of aftersales support.  I use 2x1440p myself and they work great, so much space to work! However, I ended up ordering ones from a UK manufacturer of them (Hazro HZ27WB) which was slightly more expensive than the Korean ones but gave a better stand and meant I was covered by a decent warranty.