Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 7 Kiosk mode  (Read 8008 times)

cbrendley2

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Windows 7 Kiosk mode
    « on: May 06, 2014, 06:06:01 PM »
    Hello, I am trying to write a script to run a PowerPoint presentation in kiosk mode that must be locked down and can't be interrupted. I made two accounts a Administrator account and a regular account named kiosk which I will be using to run the PowerPoint presentation. Using group policies through MMC and the snap-in I have found a way so that the kiosk account logs in automatically and will than start my PowerPoint presentation in kiosk mode. The only problem I am having is finding a way to lock down my PowerPoint so that a user can't stop the presentation by for example hitting the Esc key, using cntrl+alt+delete, opening another program, etc....pretty much anything that would stop my PowerPoint presentation must be locked down or removed. I know there is a fairly simple way to write a script so that it first checks to see if Powerpoint is running and than restarts it if anyone finds a way to stop the presentation. I am horrible at scripting and could really use help with this..please help people?????

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows 7 Kiosk mode
    « Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 06:24:56 PM »
    Why not just block some keystrokes? Or damage the ESC key?
    During the presentation, what are t he key strokes the user would normally use?
    And if you lock out the obvious keys, what would you use to exit the program?
    Did you already read this?
    Setup a computer with Windows 7 to be used as Kiosk computer
    And yes, you can have a background task to make sure the presentation is running.