Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Minecraft FPS question  (Read 4087 times)

ItsZombeh

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Minecraft FPS question
    « on: May 16, 2014, 02:45:40 AM »
    I play a game called minecraft and im buying a new laptop and i was wondering about how many fps i will be getting in this one http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/hp-pavillion-15d051sa-156-laptop/317250/104.12#tech

jackj

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Minecraft FPS question
      « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 03:44:10 AM »

infiniytMC1999

Greenhorn

• Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 06:36:29 AM »
        For games you need a better GPU (Graphics card) than anything else and that page didn't say anything about the GPU on that specific laptop (or maybe I just didn't read it properly). Although minecraft isn't a very graphics intensive game so you might be able to get away with it. If it was me I'd keep on looking but it's up to you :)

Also have a look at this it should help you out alot.
        https://help.mojang.com/customer/portal/articles/325948-minecraft-system-requirements

Hope this helped a bit.
        I do know that I messed up my username it's meant to be infinityMC1999 I made my account really late at night :P

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 05:27:53 PM »
        It is impossible to give you a good figure on the FPS you will get in Minecraft. The settings vary the speeds greatly. Are you going to be running on max settings all the time? are you going to be running mods?

The laptop does not have a 'dedicated' GPU, it is reliant on the  built in Intel iGPU, which isa very weak compared to a dedicated GPU unit.

You might get away with Medium settings, but it will definitely play smoothly on low.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 06:16:51 PM »
        Although minecraft isn't a very graphics intensive game

On Far view distance (particularly the increased limit added in 1.7) a typical scene in Minecraft will typically consist of more polies than a typical scene in a game such as Far Cry 3. The only thing reduced for Minecraft is textures, however the bulk of data that is stored in VRAM and processed by the GPU are Vertices and vertex data.
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.