Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Retrieving emails from Outlook Express  (Read 3568 times)

bighenry

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Retrieving emails from Outlook Express
    « on: May 18, 2014, 08:01:27 PM »
    I have 2 "not new" pcs (A & B) running WIN XP PRO SP3.  I have been running Outlook Express (OE) for years.

Running Outlook Express (OE) on pcB for email addr Cat does a "move" of the Cat emails from the server to my OE folders of pcB.

Subsequently, running OE on pcA for Cat shows there are no new emails to download from the server.

Usually, I do all my email work on pcA and the emails reside in the various OE folders of pcA's HDD.

How can I move the downloaded emails stored in pcB folders to pcA folders so they are all together on one pc?

I have identified the OE folder with the Inbox.dbx and all the .dbx files in both pcs. Each pc stores the .dbx files in it's own OE folder and the location of the OE folder is different in each pc.

How can I merge the two Inbox.dbx files (one from pcA and the other from pcB) into one Input.dbx on pc A?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Retrieving emails from Outlook Express
    « Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 06:53:41 PM »
    Here is a google hit with info on this ... you will want to backup each systems dbx file and save them on say a thumb drive so that you dont destroy your data by accident and can restore from export if need be. Be sure to place one of the dbx files into a folder such as PC1 and the other in PC2 to keep the one system from overwriting the other systems dbx file on the thumb drive etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/merging-two-identical-outlook-express-accounts.16126/