Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Office 2003 task pane formating  (Read 3295 times)

johnlykidis

Topic Starter

• Experience: Expert
    Microsoft Office 2003 task pane formating
    « on: May 21, 2014, 05:09:08 AM »
    Hi, I have a problem in office 2003. In the creating new document tab in task pane the hyperlinks have changed color in green instead of blue and I don't know how to reverse it.
    1. I did an office repair,
    2. re-install office,
    3. changed the style in hyperlinks.  But nothing happened.

and that happen only in the creating new document tab in task pane of all office programms.

Does anyone know any other solution?

Thnx in advance.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: Microsoft Office 2003 task pane formating
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 03:57:29 PM »
    Sounds like an orphan registry key that is not reinitialized when office is uninstalled and reinstalled. But generally you can go in and change the color to whatever you want similar to seen here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint-help/demo-change-the-color-of-hyperlink-text-HA010243430.aspx

To get rid of the issue you can manually uninstall office 2003 and then search for the orphan registry key for office 2003 and remove it, and then reinstall clean..... or perform a clean installation of the OS and Office 2003 in which it would definately be the default of blue because no orphan data would carry back over from previous install.

johnlykidis

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 05:52:59 AM »
      Thank you for your response. I will try first to change the color and if that won't work I will try to delete the registry. I will write the results. Thanx again.

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 02:57:10 PM »
      Just wanted to mention that you cant just delete the registry, it has to remain for Windows to function. One tool that has worked well for me in the past tracking down Orphan Registry entries to remove is Karens Registry Pruner, but it can be a dangerous tool in the wrong hands. One wrong move and you could have a system that no longer operates properly. So be careful. This tool is good at pointing out orphan entries, so if you find an Office 2003 Orphan entry then that may fix this.

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptpruner.asp

Clean up your Registry's SharedDLLs key. Orphaned entries can cause install and uninstall programs to misbehave. And can even trigger bogus Registry Corrupted error messages. The program can also removed "ghosts", entries in the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs list that remain even after a program has been uninstalled.

Note: This tool was created many years ago and has worked for me with older OS. I havent tested it with 64-bit OS yet, and unfortunately Karen passed away a few years ago due to diabetes complications. Her brother is still keeping her site and programs live for people to use, but her projects are frozen from updates and eventually they will no longer be compatible with future OS's.