Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Building a Super Gaming Machine.  (Read 6582 times)

IPDO

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Building a Super Gaming Machine.
« on: June 02, 2014, 09:51:57 AM »
Hello.
        I would like to know from the Computer experts about what components (Processor,Graphics,Ram etc) do i need to build a Super Gaming Machine, that beats all the gaming consoles.
        I have heard something relation between CPU,RAM and GPU Kindly explain to choose them properly.

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Building a Super Gaming Machine.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 11:08:06 AM »
Well, the key thing to know is your budget - Impossible to work anything out without that.  It's also best to forget the idea of "beating consoles" as they are completely different systems and just focus on building a really good gaming PC.

IPDO

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 11:32:37 AM »
Forget about the price. Just tell me the best components required to build this type of machine.

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 11:41:16 AM »
Without a price it's impossible.  ::)

This makes me think like you actually aren't intending on building it since anyone building a PC will have an idea of price, even if they have a lot of money to spend.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 08:31:37 PM »
$18,000.00 U.S.....
We'll start from there...OK ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

IPDO

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 09:32:02 PM »
I am not building this, its kind of survey and learning something about computers.
So, No price. Just we will build this machine and know what are the components require and also what are there price just for information.
Build in the sense selecting the parts for that machine.

Take the worlds costliest processor if you want....... to make the Machine a Super Gaming Machine. 

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM »
So basically you want to just waste our time?  What you are asking is impossible - You cannot spec a PC without knowing a rough price.

Go and use http://www.pcpartpicker.com/ and do your own research - You'll learn more that way instead of asking people to spend their own time speccing a single system for you to just look at.

IPDO

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 08:50:11 AM »
If you are too busy you should have redirected me to some other site that i can go through it. But the language you used is not good, i recommend you to not to use such language.
Thank you.

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 09:13:49 AM »
Care to explain what language I used, I apologise if I somehow offended you?  I just pointed out that I (and many others) will not spend our time putting together a build where the person has no intention of building it.

And as I also stated, it is impossible to put together any list of parts without a price yet you completely ignored me saying the word "impossible" and continued asking for a list of parts without a budget.

If you want to learn, getting someone else to put together a list of parts will teach you nothing, all you will end up with is a machine containing single components that were selected from a massive selection.  It's like learning to program - Getting someone else to write code for you to look at will not teach anything.  You need to go and do your own research into different parts that are available and how they affect performance.  Besides, the hardest part of speccing PCs is getting a list of parts that will give the best performance at a specific price.

You are welcome to look at other builds I have put together on PCPartPicker but I will not be putting anything custom together for your request of a PC for an unspecified price: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/camerongray/saved/

If you are too busy you should have redirected me to some other site that i can go through it.
I did:
Go and use http://www.pcpartpicker.com/ and do your own research.

computerNoob898

Beginner

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 08:55:31 PM »
    get the most expensive parts lol. get a "NVidia GTX titan" 4 way sli :)!

IPDO

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
    « Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 11:06:02 PM »
    This is what i wanted  http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ipdo/saved/w766Mp

Please check the compatibility and inform me if any changes require... otherwise this is perfect.

Well I will build this, not now after few years.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    « Reply #11 on: June 07, 2014, 03:45:22 AM »
    That build is clearly missing 4-way SLI with Quadro cards  ::)

Seriously. YOu ask what is wrong with that build. Everything. The power supply is overpriced and overpowered. The Graphics card is overpriced and overpowered. the CPU is overpriced and overpowered, you've bought components that are completely pointless such as aftermarket coolers and extraneous fans.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
    « Reply #12 on: June 07, 2014, 05:14:30 AM »
    This is what i wanted  http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ipdo/saved/w766Mp

Please check the compatibility and inform me if any changes require... otherwise this is perfect.
    Very far from perfect in fact.  Where do I even start...

You are trying to build a crazy powerful PC but only using a single video card (With a 4k monitor), You completely missed a solid state drive, Power supply is stupidly overkill for that build - 600w would be sufficient.  CPU is overkill and won't benefit gaming performance over a much cheaper CPU.  Windows 7 Ultimate is worthless over something like Home Premium for most users (And of course, when you build a top of the range PC you have to install an old OS, I mean, Windows 8.1 doesn't exist or anything).

And that keyboard?  Really?  You are spending $269.99 on a pretty rubbish looking Microsoft rubber dome keyboard, you could have bought two top of the range mechanical keyboards such as Filcos for that.

You can not simply try to build a PC by simply picking the most expensive part in each category, you end up with a badly balanced mess.  I bet if I asked you to justify the parts you chose such as "Why an extreme edition CPU?", "Why Windows 7 Ultimate?", "Why that keyboard/mouse?" or "Why that PSU?" you would not be able to justify it at all.

Well I will build this, not now after few years.
    I totally believe that...  I suppose you could build this in a few years, it'll totally not be completely out of date by then...  ::)

IPDO

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
    « Reply #13 on: June 07, 2014, 08:32:02 AM »
    I have considered your advice. The advise which was delivered in an improper manner as I have said before, which hurts others feelings.
    I have changed some components, Any further changes can be made, since I am not best in computers. I want a computer which is best in Gaming, Video editing and software like simulation, CAED etc.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ipdo/saved/w766Mp

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
    « Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 09:01:19 AM »
    As I said before, stop picking the most expensive components in every category assuming that they are the best.  Power supply is still overkill, CPU is overkill, You have an SSD so don't need a velociraptor, that main storage drive is ridiculously expensive, Windows 7 Ultimate is still a waste of money, the list goes on.

And as before, I'm sorry if I somehow offended you but I do not like being lied to - First of all you say that you aren't going to build it, then you say you are going to build it (but only in a few years by which point this entire list will be irrelevant).  I don't believe you are ever going to build this.