Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: unable to remove usb write protection frrom my sandisk flash drive in windows 7  (Read 3229 times)

sth.demon

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
     >:( hey bro help me solve this problem. I m unable to remove usb write protection from my flash drive in win7 using given solution. what should i do please suggest as fast as u can

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Using given solution? Is url reference missing that you meant to include?

As far as this flash drive goes... I would backup the contents of it to a hard drive or another flash drive before making any attempts to make it read/write enabled again.

Then once you have backed up the data on it, delete the partition on this drive if allowed. Then create a new partition and format that partition. But with write protection enabled you might not be able to do this. However if the flash drive is simply corrupt you may be able to delete the partition and create new and format fresh.

Given the price of flash drives these days I wouldnt spend too much trouble with trying to fix it. Some flash drives when they fail internally no longer accept write requests, and your lucky that they will even read.

I am assuming that this USB flash drive doesnt have a slide switch like some USB flash drives have to make them write protected.